According SHR today at Michigan, it appears Tony Stewart will miss the remainder of the season, leaving 13 more races for a replacement. Austin Dillion was tabbed for this weekend with sponsor Bass Pro Shops' help and slated to drive one more event TBD. That still leaves 12 races for SHR to replace to injured Tony Stewart. This has to be any driver's dream if they wanted an opportunity to open some doors. This is a Championship caliber team that sits 12th in Owner Points.

Would love to to see Robby drive in SHR equipment. Have to think the available pool of drivers is limited:
Besides Robby, Regan Smith, Elliott Sadler and Mark Martin are obvious options. Would think Regan Smith will get a serious look with Hendrick/Dale Jr ties. Not sure if there are any NW schedule conflicts and with Sadler and Martin driving for Toyota that might become a roadbloack. Robby would be fun to watch at any track in that 14 car...but I'd be suprised if Regan Smith didn't get the nod.

Views: 2070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bummer watchin these road courses even if its NationWide, whatever..and not seeing Robby out there. Even if its not in his own car but I know he's better than many out there in not so great equipment. Unsponsored Cars, etc..
Missin Robby in NASCAR

I feel you. But watching the Arena Bowl for a few minutes today, I saw where members of the band KISS are owners of the new AFL franchise in LA. It's not the NFL but Gene Simmons was talking about being a part of something that is family oriented and affordable unlike the NFL.

Hope Robby can have that same stability of the Arena League which has been around for at least 25 years if not longer

Honest qquestion: what was the last Cup race that RG went the distance? It's been a long time.

@Chris, My memory say's Sear's 2012.
Here's a racing theory of life question? Is it hard'r to drive a CUP car for 3hr's or a TT for 10hr's (June 2013 solo win)?

It's the theory of money. But then I just heard Rusty say NASCAR is the hardest form of motorsports. I suspect he said it just to make Stevie feel better..

David, so true..wonder why he's not in a NationWide car improving his skills..but I know its for a reason. From what I remember he was semi competitive. Put him in a Truck..lol
Put Mark Martin in the Speed Energy 77 for 2014 full time..jk..lol. Montoya his teammate. Keep dreamin...I know
They just announced post race that Mark may drive for Tony at Bristol next wk .
Will Robby be sittin on top of the PitBox
Nope Robby will be a the REAL races in Crandon lol .

Well since we are bouncing everything out there under the sun......one has to ask if Robby watched any of the NAZICAR roadies???????????

RG did receive a mention on an ESPN NASCAR chat last week. This is what McGee had to say...

Jose (Baja)

Was Robby Gordon given any consideration in the 14 at the Glen? In top equipment seems like he could have been more of a factor than Papis, who was invisible all day except when he ran over Ambrose.

Ryan McGee (2:13 PM)

With the Jose from Baja, I could have predicted you were a Robby fan! I don't think there was a ton of consideration given to calling Robby. It's hard to believe now that he hasn't run full-time in Cup since '09. Personally, I would love to see him back. But right now I think he's busy working to keep his other non-NASCAR efforts afloat.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service