Roger Penske will switch to Ford in 2013

In five words or more

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120301/NASCAR/120309999

Views: 5180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too would love to see Brendan and Robby on a team together. Brendan was on Sirius today and was calling in from Pat Dean's Valley Performance shop in Vegas. He said he loves hanging with all the off-road guys and he gave major props to RG. Brendan said the off-road legends like Malcom Smith, Walker Evens, Jerry Herbst and Bob Gordon were his hero's that he looked up to.

And the Dodge Brendan drove at Laughlin this year, I believe that is one of the Collins SPD trophy trucks. I dont know if Brendan borrowed/rented the truck or if they bought it.

We have 35 races to go. Who knows. I expect a couple of points buying cars to drop out before the end of the year and a couple of cars in the top 35 to fold shop. With points being available and NASCAR having the final say on who gets what, I think Dodge would be given priority.

Personally, I don't think the two-car thing is a deal killer. If it is then TBR will be in the same boat next year since the #10 will go to S-H. RGM has shown they can field two cars, they just don't have the resources to do it full time....resources that Dodge factory backing could provide.

Single engines builder/all in one basket? It seems have worked very well for Ford.

Very true about Ford and them having a single engine builder, But that might not be for long as it sounds like Penske is not sure that is the direction he is wanting to go. I almost wonder how having two big fish in the Ford pond will work. Also I think Roush and Yates are so deep in Ford that nothing could pull that group apart.

I should check before posting, but, ah what the hell....didn't MWR have to race in to the 500 the first year w/ Toyota? The hole jet engine gel thing...?

Can't say that the 2nd TBR car will go away it could go to Blaney's kid depending on his progress.
Also wasn't it said after the bull run when we all thought Robby would run a Jeep at Dakar that DODGE had no money to support him. sorry if i'm wrong but thats what I thought I heard.The thought of Dodge totally supporting Robby would be amazing.

@WC77 You would have to read the whole post..........then..............notice that nobody on there mentions Robby till some guy who simply chants Robby Robby Robby..........then..............become a member................then...........post some support for Robby....................then....................explore the entire site, your mind and some very well built replicas of stock cars.....................then.................go to bed having expanded your horizons. At least that's what I thought a few folks would do, there really is some great "knowledge" on that board that is historically accurate and even more so interesting and enlightening. There are words that describe people who like to deal with fact and detail to a finite point but I think that the link I posted is from a great bunch of people who are undeserving of them. They did however miss the fact that Robby Gordon Motorsports could be a team Dodge can bring to the forefront, a detail no members there (until some hookinfool visited) pointed out. . Stated with all due respect and no sarcasm.

As an example the post made by WJM would be a perfect addition...ehem a perfect addition.

Dodge will unveil its 2013 Sprint Cup car on March 11 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. However, the bigger question now is who will be driving Dodges next year? Robby Gordon Motorsports would be the lone team at this point after Penske Racing announced Thursday that it was moving to manufacturer Ford in 2013. But Dodge has also reached out to other teams, including Richard Petty Motorsports, according to owner Andy Murstein. "We received calls from several manufacturers today asking if they could meet with us," Murstein said. "It seems that while sponsorship is down, car manufacturer support is strong. That is probably due to the fact that the car companies are all doing significantly better these days than a few years ago. Thus Petty has been approached by several manufacturers recently. What's interesting is that while there are the usual suspects there is one new manufacturer that is trying to break into the sport. RPM's contract with Ford is up at the end of the season. Petty ran Dodges from 1972 to 1978. Petty Enterprises aligned with Dodge again when the manufacturer returned to NASCAR competition in 2001 through most of the 2009 season, then under the RPM banner. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing president Steve Lauletta said the company had not yet been approached by Dodge.(Fox Sports)
AND: Richard Petty Motorsports said: "We welcome Penske Racing to the Ford Racing Family in 2013. Additional teams mean more information for everyone and that's a very good thing from a competition standpoint. We have a partnership with Roush Fenway Racing and we are happy to be a part of the Ford Racing program. As we always do, we will evaluate all of our options and make decisions based on what is ultimately best for our race team."(RPM)(3-2-2012)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service