Roger Penske will switch to Ford in 2013

In five words or more

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120301/NASCAR/120309999

Views: 5180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know any inside stuff like, why does this guy not work with that guy who is involved with this brand in that sport and why this team has lunch with etc etc. I agree the Petty name is a big factor and won't go into the Ford MoPar-Ford-MoPar-Pontiac-.........timeline of Petty. However I believe and like I said I don't know who is married to who and who passes cards under the table to whom but Dodge is going to "headhunt" Penrods engine program in my opinion and will not go in green next year. Robby would serve himself well (please don't tell me about costs I KNOW) he will serve himself well to get some top of the line power and do some damage this season in a few races to help shine a favorable light on his operation. Drinking cactus juice and eating dust might not serve that purpose well but there could be a chance to advance with a showcase of the true potential. Again with the Petty thing I don't know if Rob goes to any of Richards picnics and again as in the past I sure would like to get the chance to throw a few cold ones down the piss converter with Kyle and find out some real "INFO".

Dodge had nothing to do with RGM getting a Penske engine. Robby talked to the boys at Penske at Daytona, and decided that the Penske engine was not a direct fit. So Robby opted to run his own. Dont be pissed a Roger or Penske. The facts are the facts.

Not pissed at Penske at all never was

Sorry Mike...............That post was for Rob. not sure why it posted under you

I think there were a number of Planet members saying that Dodge should step in to help out a fellow Dodge teammate. That followed by a number of "F" Penske and "F" Dodge comments.

My contention was that Penske just didn't have the resources for RGM and nothing more than that.

With the expence of Penske motors that have been discussed at length here and the reliability of the Arrington motors I had often wondered why some engine builder like Kanazy ( not sure of the spelling ) from NHRA with his Dodges that are very strong, have not been asked or ventured into the market. Before someone says its apples and oranges, remember Raymond Beadle did it with success with Rusty Wallace, Blue Max.

different time and place.

I knew that was coming! How about a new place and time?

A live press conference just ended on SIRIUS. Roger sounded like he wanted to keep his engine programs going, but wanted time to "benchmark" his program against Roush-Yates. Penske employs approx 70 people in the engine shop.

I can't remember the last time Arrington produced a competitive CUP engine.

Arrington isn't producing Dodge 'CUP' engines-he rebuilding them.Big difference IMO

@JennaFryer tweets:

Dodge's Ralph Gilles: "Dodge has enjoyed a successful partnership with Penske Racing for 10 years. It's a partnership that has produced results for both parties on and off the track. Roger (Penske) has made a business decision to accept an offer with another manufacturer. We wish Roger and Penske Racing much success in the future. We are committed to work with Penske Racing to compete at the highest level, win races and contend for championships this season. Our motorsports involvement isn't limited to NASCAR. We do value our NASCAR program and will be evaluating the opportunities available moving forward. As those opportunities materialize, we'll reveal our 2013 plans, not only in NASCAR but in other forms of motorsports."

Other forms of motorsports...
Like off-road maybe? Dakar?

Lets hope so.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service