The weekly "will this be a S&P race?" talk is driving me nutty. Same questions, same responses different venue.

I drank a lot in college, but I can still formulate enough short term memory to recall this season was planned to be part time. If you want to see more Nascar racing - buy more Speed Energy Drink.

On a personal note: I think the Nascar series (with the exception of a few races) is relatively boring. For my money, other venues (e.g. Rally) are more interesting.

Now, on to the point of the thread:

I'll start with my usual "Thank You" to TOG for the site - I'm here everyday and appreciate the news.

- Start the Speculation - what events, venues, series, etc. do you think we'll see RG attempt in the near future? (other than Nascar....that's plenty covered elsewhere).

When Red Bull pulled out of Nascar - I saw this as a signal that they figured out the primary energy drink demographic isn't Nascar fans. I tend to agree. My personal observation is that it's mostly 15-25 year old males who drink the stuff.

I'm fairly certain 15-25year olds are not watching Nascar regularly. I'm pretty sure RGM and the folks at Speed Energy know this too.

So - the real question is: What do they (15-25) like to watch...that's where we need Speed coverage/participation/sponsorship.

I'd be intersted in thoughts and reactions to the above

I'd love to see Speed Energy start a racing series of their own. Motorcycles, or lower end "boy racers" on temporary city circuits. Using vehicles that 15-25 year old's like. It would be fun to watch and would probably help sell a bunch of speed.

Your predictions? Wishes?

Views: 2840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed Derrick. This is like comparing apples to...well, another type of Apple. Everyone has their own opinion of what series is the most prestegious. They are both great racers. Its like trying to compare who is more important to Technology, Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?
MONEY shouldn't dictate who we like
Wow.
I don't know how to feel about this post, I believe its prob the shortest ever from you :)
Since Robby is scaling back the nascar effort, is there any chance the $10 mil indy car offer is in play?
If RG can't get sponsorship for a cup race, why would anyone think that he could get sponsorship for the Indy Vegas race and where would he get the support team? I don't think his cup staff could support an Indy Car race.
Not to mention that if anybody truly thinks a 1-time driver of any background will come in and have a remote chance of winning that race they are sadly mistaken. Unless they are in a Penske or Ganassi car they won't stand a chance at winning & even if they are in one of those teams cars you can bet that Roger & Chip won't give some "Johny Come Lately" EQ that they could compete for the win with when their own drivers are going for the championship.
@Dave, no.Robby said in interview that even if you do win the 5mil, the payout was over a 10year period.(comment made in a scoffing tone)
The whole deal was is just an attempt to hype the race at Vegas,sell tickets.
I heard about that, and I doubt that winning would have been feasible, even with a Penske ride. Watching RG in another form of racing would've been fun though.2012 Indy 500 (maybe) it is!
I've got one more stamp to put on this convo....MMA. Just saw a Safe Auto commercial with Clay Guida in it. How much SPEED do those hits carry? Not to mention I brought Tapout to the attention of someone at RGM when they 1st started getting exposure on VS. I thought it would be a great potential sponsor for RGM. Now I think SPEED would be a great sponsor for smaller MMA promos.
BTW: Chris Lutz, great thread
"I'm not much of a talker"-Vince Vaughn
SPEED would fit in just fine. I dont need to tell you the beni's of UNLEADED to an athelete. Any one of those fighters could get behind that. Hell, even a "Tough guys drink pink" angle. Or, like I said sponsor smaller promotion events. I know it's a lil outside the box...but thats how you break into new markets.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service