Martinsville is a strange little track, and one that RG really does not like. That being said, nothing surprised me at all about the outcome of the race as far as Robby was concerned. It's funny but I knew this was going to be a tough season with limited sponsorship on the Nascar side, and RG's usual miserable luck hasn't helped. As long as I have followed him I have known that Robby is a driver who wants to race absolutely everything he can sit his butt in, and I have to respect him for it. I don't always like it, but racing anything and everything is what makes him Robby! My rose colored glasses broke a long time ago, but I still support the man. If you're in it for the long haul as I am, drop by with a positive post from time to time. I think the Man and RGM as a whole would appreciate it! 

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here you go.

RG: "Two of the races I won for Richard, we produced the chassis; they were road-course chassis. Robby Gordon Motorsports produced the chassis, RCR put the engines and bodies in them, so it was a team effort."

I don't know what happened with the cars after RG and RC split, though.
when RG started his own team, many photos of the shop showed the road cars in the background, complete with bodies and all, still painted in the Cingular colors, minus the graphics.I'll ask RG when I speak to him next.
you mean the first 6 are over on to phoenix, stats are better at Phoenix but we have to get in first, we need top 20 runs

http://www.cbssports.com/autoracing/drivers/driverpage/237739/robby...
Robby enjoys anything that has a steering wheel. And if he can find a way to make it happen, he will drive it. Thats who he is,thats who he will always be.
WRONG. Wind is far from out if his sails. He has put Monday behind him and is working on races that have not yet happened, instead of what already has taken place.
Winning a Nascar race today is about as easy as winning the lottery for a single car team. A few years back, RGM dominated the Sonoma race in a Monster Energy car, but was bitten by fuel mileage. At Dega last year RGM had one of the best cars, but got taken out by a crash. Winning the lottery takes alot of luck, so does winning a Cup race when you're not a 3 or 4 car organization! If any single car team can win, it will be RGM.
I hate the way the season has started, but out of that whole garage full of the world's best drivers, none of them are as good as ROBBY GORDON!
never heard of him..lol.. :)
The only thing I was frustrated by this week was breaking 2 sway bars....it didn't seem like he hit the wall that hard....and others hit it too....yet the 7 broke the sway bar both times. If that doesn't happen...he probaably finishes 2 laps down and maybe better with the wave arounds...hell he passed the 34, 37, and 38 the whole race.
the wall didnt break the sway bar, grinding the mount off while riding on the rim did it.
And I loved how RG said "I'm going to take it to the garage" when he broke the second one "because you don't have another one there in the pits" to which Larry said "yes, we do have another one here in the pits". That was some good crew-chiefing if you ask me.
Can we all agree that Robby's worst enemy is the wall!
Nope! Robby's worst enemy is far worse than the wall...her name is Luck.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service