Martinsville is a strange little track, and one that RG really does not like. That being said, nothing surprised me at all about the outcome of the race as far as Robby was concerned. It's funny but I knew this was going to be a tough season with limited sponsorship on the Nascar side, and RG's usual miserable luck hasn't helped. As long as I have followed him I have known that Robby is a driver who wants to race absolutely everything he can sit his butt in, and I have to respect him for it. I don't always like it, but racing anything and everything is what makes him Robby! My rose colored glasses broke a long time ago, but I still support the man. If you're in it for the long haul as I am, drop by with a positive post from time to time. I think the Man and RGM as a whole would appreciate it! 

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why does every conversation on this website end up with people arguing?
Jayme- Because many here own winning cup teams.
LOL!!
LMAO!!! it's true we are all just spectators for the most part, running off at the mouth. I'm amazed though at how long these threads comtinue to go after we all get mad. Maybe we are all just a little hard-headed....sound like anyone you know? haha
Its a no brainer to state the obvious...any person who doesnt follow the sport can look at the standings and see that.
Positive post: GOOOO ROBBY!! Most of the people here are die hard, true blue fans, and are going to be here no matter what kind of vehicle you are driving. I myself am looking forward to seeing more diversity in your racing program this year. Can't wait for you to get back to Indy!! Hang in there. I know I am!
Thanks, Vak and Sarah! That's what I had in mind when I posted this. The guys have gone a little crazy!
YAY Robby!! You're the man no matter what you drive or where you finish. Of course, we love to see you #1 in every race, but it is the effort, talent, grit, and dedication we admire. Woo Hoo! Gas on!
Well, this is my positive take on the situation. I have been a Robby fan for a few years now, and the reason I became a fan is still the same today. I may be the only one sitting around the TV on Sunday, wearing an old worn out Jim Beam shirt, but I at least support a true racer in the sense of the word. Its true, he will never have the equipment and resources like the Hendrics and the Gibbs, but at least I know, that come Go time, he is gonna race and race hard. He is Robby Gordon, owner and driver. Limited money and limited on support. But not limited on true race fans. We all get frustrated, cause we want him to do well, and honestly , we all want to shove it back in the faces of those who think we are crazy. But we will still support him 1st, 30th, or DNF, cause he is our driver. GAS ON!!!!!
Well said
I love Robby because he carries himself so well, both physically and professionally. Those blind old men on TV can talk about some of those boys and their movie star looks, but Robby is a MAN ,and he looks a lot more Hollywood than most of those little boys. He looked so fine during driver introductions on Sunday, it was worth the 3 hours I sat in the cold rain waiting for them to call the race. He also has to run a business during the week as well as getting ready to race, and I think he does a good job of that. Most of those "boys" only know how to drive a race car if that, and they only know NASCAR. Robby moves easily among the various racing categories worldwide, without having a "team owner" to hold his hand and do all the legwork for him, because he has to do all that, too.
I really don't care what the rednecks think, because THAT is an admirable resume', and I don't think you will find one like it anywhere else in racing.
Martinsville is over, on to Phoenix. Nuff Said.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service