Martinsville is a strange little track, and one that RG really does not like. That being said, nothing surprised me at all about the outcome of the race as far as Robby was concerned. It's funny but I knew this was going to be a tough season with limited sponsorship on the Nascar side, and RG's usual miserable luck hasn't helped. As long as I have followed him I have known that Robby is a driver who wants to race absolutely everything he can sit his butt in, and I have to respect him for it. I don't always like it, but racing anything and everything is what makes him Robby! My rose colored glasses broke a long time ago, but I still support the man. If you're in it for the long haul as I am, drop by with a positive post from time to time. I think the Man and RGM as a whole would appreciate it! 

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, John, not looking for pity. My point was simply this - Don't bash the daylights out of RG and team as I have seen on this board, that's all.
no.....Boris was well documented as giving some drivers some tips on how to get around ( believe it was Sonoma)a little faster. I've got nothing else to add as far as poositive or negative posts, I hate to hear someone bash my guy so I'm stayin out of that but Boris did help, guys asked him for help. Thats not why Robby hasnt run well at road courses, when was the last time he ran bad at a road course (for no reason) there is always something hampering him from running well either something breaks or blows up, he hasnt forgotten how to drive road courses! cmon.
Yep, it was Boris....that's good stuff right there . You can't buy that stuff---BORIS---------ohohohohh.
Robby had Sonoma won last year when his usual bad luck struck.
I disagree that he has not ran well at roadcourses lately. The last 2 years he has qualified well (top 7) and ran in the lead but has been bitten by gas mileage. He was doing absolutely everything to save gas at Sonoma 2 years ago including turning the car off down the hills under caution but still got beat by ill timed cautions and others mileage. He is as fast on a roadcourse as anyone he just needs the strategy to work out. It takes a lot of luck to win a road race in NASCAR. The best way lately is to be the first one to do your last pitstop and have a yellow bring everyone else in which puts you in the lead. Sometimes you can dive in the pits right as the yellow is about to come out, so again you come out in the lead as the field files through. In short there is a lot more luck to winning a RC than an oval IMHO.
Speaking of mileage...imagine what the green/white/checker retstarts does to road course mileage this year....I seem to remember a few guys always pushing it on that last lap...well add in 2+ more laps now...can't wait.
If Rob would have pitted with Tony, he would have another notch in the "win column"
I forget who was it that spun out like an idiot and brought out that caution?
No what happened was the car spun out and then stopped off the track so they could bring out the caution. Immediately after the caution was thrown the car moved back on the track and continued to the back of the field. The reason why it pissed all of us off so much was because it looked like the driver intentionally tried to bring out a caution to prevent from going a lap down, in essence screwing over Robby who was pitting next time by. He should've pitted with Tony but hindsight is easy to look through.
He didn't have it won at all. He had the third best car behind Stewart and Kahne had he pitted a lap earlier. He would've had a shot but I don't think he had the best car.
Whatever!
Some of you are pretty funny. A true, die-hard RG fan starts a post looking for words of encouragement. Maybe it's only the women who know what that means. Why is it so easy to dis someone you claim to follow but hard to say anything supportive? Surely you would want someone to stand behind you in both the good and bad, or in Robby's case, on and off the road.

Guess that's why you don't hear as much about men standing behind a woman while a woman stands by her man. And Robby is our man!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service