The Buffalo News gives me the answer about a Dakar/Robby Gordon piece

First off this is the person I spoke with.
Wilson, Lisa (Sports Editor)

849-4465

lwilson@buffnews.com

I don'y have much time right now so I won't get into it all but here is a brief over view of our little chat, (no response to email so I called her and she answered on the first ring yea that's a F'n hint) As you would expect I got the canned answer I was expecting so the next steps are a couple local small "weekly publications" a letter to the editor written in my own hand writing (so I better get some beam to steady my nerves) Any way here are the highlights of a NO I don'y think so I got.
1) she never read my email in the first place and we agreed that I resend it today
2) Union shop we don'y do things like that
3) Offered for free was we can't do that we'd have to pay so I suggested 3 dollars and was told "no that's not our rate"
4) She "heard of " Dakar but ddddddduuuuuhhhhhhhhh......I expressed in a polite manner that was a fine example of why folks need and would enjoy a Three piece article covering the rally
5) She had no sense of humor and to be honest I wish could meet her in person so I could really see this for real
6) I was nice and she asked questions however I feel she was trying to bait me into the direction she should go for her own benefit
7) I mentioned Robby gordon and his over extended effort to win this thing and some highlights from last year
Overall I tried but I think I just tipped my hand to her is all she claimed "we would get that stuff from the wire and "if there was local connection................other than me I guess.
8) Oh yea number 8 the one thing I did NOT do.................tell her to KISS MY ASS!!!
Now I need to figure a way to get some photos if need be for my next effort.
Lisa Wilson folks bombard Lisa Wilson

Views: 2403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is great, and it opens up some pretty interesting possibilities. If you remember, Eurosport provides their own coverage of Dakar, and it's always very good. You just can't get it in the US; except on PR of course.

and I just had another idea. If they covered the Mini team, maybe Lifetime or the Oprah Network would be interested in it.

That was good....

how about if we all start to send emails to discovery channel, maybe they can stop doing some of those fake reality shows, and thye can follow Robby in his adventures, Imo

http://youtu.be/7UnJl6zlVq0 here is a trailer for a youtube web series that score international is doing with these production company, maybe Robby can do something like this for the Dakar so we can really get a feel for what they go through and he can also pick up more fans and promote SP
EED Energy and Stadium Super trucks. Guess I am dreaming but hey you never know.

I think if you've never seen an IMAX movie, you should take a look! My wifes a event coordinator for a cinema company so we go to the movies often. I'm not expert, but they can be thrilling. I saw an IMAX on gliders and it made you stomach drop when it went over a cliff. The design of IMAX is for action, areal views or when you want to show moving sensations. I know it's super expensive, but I think your mind would be blown after seeing it! You couldn't shoot it live (I don't think judging by the size of the camera), but recreating that shot when Robby was flying down the dunes at 150mph would feel like you'd be riding along with him! To make a full movie would be in the $3-5 million range, but I think that's a drop in the bucket in the movie world! This is the kind of thing that the Discovery Chanel should do. Face it, they're in the jungle taping two morons chase gold (spent $150k to get $750 in gold). For those of us that can't get to Africa, I can get to a theater!

Oh yea, I can see that in Imax maybe 3d too. I might need dramamine. Even as an opener while the SST events start at the stadiums would be awesome to watch. Excellent idea, lets keep planting the seed at them.

And a big Oh yea..........that was a blast= Speedfactory

A weekly show is definitely what I had in mind. RG could provide so many big events along the way for them to follow, all leading up to the Dakar. It would beat the hell out of watching that made-up BS of Amish Mafia, or Moonshiners, or whatever other trash they are showing at the moment.

Hey now, don't mess with Moonshiners! Cotton Owens will hunt your ass!

I like the overall idea, but it's basically a soap opera just like all of their other so-called reality shows. I'm all for seeing how the moonshiners are doing what they do, but could give to sh*ts about Pickel's personal problems. I like seeing choppers get built, but I could care less about whatever personal issues Mikey and Sr. are having. That BS with the Chopper Live thing the other night was just stupid - 2 hours of soap opera for a 2 minute decision to show us who won (which btw, was a terrible choice again).

I actually miss Monster Garage because we got to see some guys with some serious skills building crazy stuff. Heck, get Jesse James in the second Hummer with Discovery filming.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service