Is this what the rest of the season is going to be looking like for RG? I am hoping not but I can only assume the money has run out to put the car in full time...please help me out with this? As I am a true diehard RG fan I will be disappointed. But hopefully he will be moving on to bigger and better things...

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is Gordon Feed still in business? .....Sponsor? Gordon SpeedFeed? make your horse faster!!
You can put all the lipstick on that pig you want....... Start & Pork is weak-ass shit.
The season is much better than expected, RG has been at all the races, nice added sponser with Fast five, great fan event with the movie showing, Selling SPEED more every day. It takes serious cash to run a full time program, and until its there why put your self in a loose/loose position. There is no way to test anymore, other than tunnel, tire tests or shaker rigs. Why not use some of the races as more of a test anyway. Think how much money the 17 team spent busting thier butts last Saturday, to come in 6 or so places ahead of RG, heck look at Bowyer, kicking butt all day and end up where? and have a tore up race car to boot. . .RG is doing pretty dang good if you ask me... Read the Speed Energy posts about where they are and what all is going on, they are busting thier asses to grow a brand and oh by the way compete in NASCAR against teams that spend 20-30 Million a year. Gas on! Drink SPEED and enjoy what you get!!!!!! Or blow it out your hiney and jump on the bandwagon of bayne, smith, or some other steering wheel holder!
Never changing ships. Just saying.... How much are you really saving? In for a dime, in for a dollar. You never know how the wheels will turn. We got a third a while back with a 30th place car.
Mother Nature handled that!
@Mike, you nail'd it. a dime to dollar.90 cents between the two.Robby can't print money to make that 90 cents up.So Robby is producing a product and selling it to the general public.Deficit spending only work if you can print your own money.I know it doesn't work then either!
Think of it this way--the car was not destroyed!!! Make the laps count to get as high as possible--but keep the car whole.
I agree with this. Money is not everything and it definately doesn't gurantee better results. Example: Take a look at the winner of last weeks race. Do you think that team blows $20 mil a year? I think not. If they can win a race, then (even with our current budget) we can win a race. Time to prove that. It's been almost 7 years with this #7 team. I'm hoping for better finishes or a part time schedule from here on out!
16 - 20 races that include the first 5 and the fun races. Robby never said which races but if I had to guess I would go with:

Daytona - twice
Phoenix - twice
Texas - twice
Bristol - twice
Charlotte - twice
Talladega - twice
Vegas
California
Sears Point
Watkins Glen
Indy

Maybe Chicago and Atlanta, but I knew going into this season that Dover, Pocono and New Hampshire were pretty much out unless a sponsor came along. Case in point being Martinsville and Richmond. Any other race, just be happy if Robby comes but don't expect him to spend extra money on tires or fuel. As a fan it sucks because I would love to see Robby race at Dover or Pocono which are the 2 tracks I can get to anymore, but if he isn't there I don't take it personally as fan.

Drink all the Speed you want, but what Robby needs are more retailers to come on board. If Robby was late to Darlington because he was meeting with a potential sponsor for an upcoming race, then he was in the right place.
Am I the only the one who payed attention to the teacher on the first day of Robby Gordon school this year? Pay attention people.

1. Robby may or may NOT run 36 races. The man himself said this in Daytona - 18-20 races. Fact.

2. If Robby is unsure of the races he's running, how the hell is he supposed to tell us which ones he is racing?

3. NO need to "discuss" the top 35. It's means NOTHING if he is running a short schedule. Fact.

4. It's racing. You win some, you lose many. Move on.

Please study this time. There will be a test on Friday.
To help you understand the "other side"...

YES everybody heard Robby say he wasn't running all the races before the season (In other interviews he stated "At this time" and added quotes like "doesn't make sense for us right now") but the "audible" went into play last year and that sometimes overrides the original plan, therefore as a FAN, you hope for the best and hope every week something good happens that allows an "audible" into play and get to watch Robby race. Trust me, the first Entry List that comes without Robby will be dissappointing, Was the expectations set? YES, but I still will be disappointed because I'm a fan of Robby Gordon & RGM. Doesn't mean I didn't hear, didn't understand or can't read. Just means I have HOPE!

We discuss the Top 35 because Robby makes statements during the race about points and quotes like "good points day for us" and "we're locked in" and shows concern about the points. That makes his fans feel like points ARE a concern afterall. This week if RGM can keep the 71 from beating him by 12-13 positions, he'll be locked in the next race.

As for races in which Robby IS running, as a fan you would like to know to make travel plans, ticket purchases and other arrangements. I don't expect a list of the season with which races Robby will be running. But a week or two notice helps the fans alot in making decisions whether to attend or not. If you can't release that info due to possible sponsorship or other decisions, that's understandable. I think alot of comments on here are from fans wanting to know to help them plan, unfortunately there's a ton of CRAP about switching to RCR, Hendricks or other organization (NOT GONNA HAPPEN), and the popular Buy A chasis from Penske or other (NOT GONNA HAPPEN), and the Add a 2nd team (GOT TO GET TEH FIRST TEAM RUNNING FIRST), then there's the Robby & team bashing after a poor finish. Those tend to piss people off and make people read every comment as negative.

However, there's also just casual opinions. I've made some myself like "Not a Miles hater, but Miles seems to not have the chemistry to make Robby perform well." (Nothing against Miles, not thinking he needs to be fired or anything, Robby has had many crew chiefs and only a few have had good "chemistry" Miles is young and still learning. Robby must see something in Miles or he wouldn't have kept him. So even though I have an opinion, it's obvious there's things about Miles I don't know. No big deal.)

RGM also had no plans to run the entire schedule last year...but he did. So as fans we hope and wait every week to see if he will or will not race. No need for a test Sean, just agree to disagree...and buy more SPEED!
+ 1 Zoom.....

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service