RG Fans---Just a thought. It would be so cool to see RG driving the #33 for Richard Childress at Talladega. If nothing else just to see what RG can do with top flight equipment/motors to compare against what we have at RGM. Maybe RG could pick up some information while in the garage area. I know---go ahead and blast my post---I admit it's a little bit crazy

Views: 5532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People are fishing for races & random scenarios because they want to see RG race. I get that.

First practice is underway at Martinsville. #33 Hermie Sadler-slowest,just say'n

Jeff, I believe you're confusing the nascar sheeple with "the rest of the world". Anybody who truely knows motorsports, knows at least some of RG's resume. The sheeple on the other hand, are brainwashed. Like the majority of the Jr nation...which is why I defected loonnng ago. Most of those morons even think it's great that he drives for HMS now. Not to go off on too much of a rant, but since theres nothing else to talk about anyway, lol. Look at the most popular drivers of 2006 or so. 24, 48, 8(Jr), 20(Smoke), 9,(Kasey), 12(Newman), + the Roush guys. Now, excluding those Roush guys, who do all the others drive for? All HMS, or HMS powered. Of those drivers, who's winning? The guy who pays for his HP. That my friends is a lesson in "keep your enemies close" brought to you by Rick Hendrick. The 24, & 48 will win again. Prolly one of them this wknd, & we'll get to hear about the tragedy at Martinsville again. However those other merchandice machines are just that. They'll get a bone now & then, but thats it.

Does everyone realize that #33 was the only RCR car at Daytona that had ECU/Fuel pump issues and finished laps down.
Yes, I realize the car can be fix'd, or not.When you rent/lease a car/engines you get what ever the leasor gives you.

I do Mike.....all we need now is a couple of chicken pot pies and the world will be perfect....

Hermie still slowest...."Wait DW talking about his brothers Team"....SMH

RCR sells the #33 team with owners points.

Per Dave Moody on Sirius Radio.

Hermie Sadler will race in Sunday’s “Goody’s Fast Relief 500” at Martinsville Speedway, driving a No. 33 Chevrolet fielded – officially – by Richard Childress Racing. The Virginia native has confirmed, however, that the No. 33 team will soon belong to former Sprint Cup Series owner Joe Falk, who will make his return to the sport in two weeks at Texas Motor Speedway.

“I had been talking to Richard about driving the No. 33 at some point this year,” said Sadler on Sirius XM NASCAR Radio’s Sirius XM Speedway. “And in the last week to 10 days, Richard made a deal with Joe Falk… to purchase the team and its (owner) points. Joe is a big NASCAR fan who has done pretty well in the car business. A lot of people know him, he’s been around the sport forever."

Sadler called this week’s entry “a collaborative effort” between RCR and Falk, as part of a transition that will see Falk assume ownership of the car at Texas Motor Speedway on April 14.

“This is technically an RCR effort this week,” he said. “It’s an older Richard Childress car with a Childress engine under the hood. Richard entered the car this weekend because of (NASCAR rules concerning) entry blanks and when they have to be submitted. After they filed the entry, conversations began between him and Joe about making the transition official in time for Texas.”

Falk, the 1976 Winston Racing Series Track Champion at Virginia’s Langley Speedway, owned the LJ Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team from 1997 to 2000. He fielded the #91 SPAM-sponsored Chevrolet for driver Mike Wallace for the 1997 season, and his cars were also driven by Steve Grissom, Kevin Lepage, Todd Bodine, Ted Musgrave, Dick Trickle, Ron Hornaday and Morgan Shepherd. Bodine earned the team’s best finish; a fifth-place result at Atlanta Motor Speedway in 1998.

Falk was listed as co-owner of the Hillman Racing No. 40 Toyota that Michael Waltrip attempted to qualify for this year’s Daytona 500, and sources say the No. 33 entry may be housed at the Hillman Racing shop in Mooresville, NC. Hillman Racing also fields the #27 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chevrolet that veteran Ward Burton drove to an eighth-place finish in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway. Burton’s son, Jeb, is driving the truck this weekend here at Martinsville.

“Joe Falk comes from a racing family,” said Sadler. “He’s been around the garage for years, and I’m excited to have an opportunity to drive for him. He’s helped a lot of different drivers and teams in Cup, Nationwide, Trucks, Late Models… you name it. His plan now is to keep the No. 33 car on the race track and try to build it into a competitive race team, with support from Richard Childress. I’m hoping to have the opportunity to maybe drive a couple more races for him later this year.

What the Falk....

Consider that your 2nd sign the #3 will return to cup with Austin Dillon.
1st one was the big deal they made out of him driving the NWS 3 this season.
BTW, this lifelong Earnhrdt fan is good with it.

Earnhardt would have been cool with it too.

Ya, I think so too. I met Austin last year before the Fast Five 225 here. He called me sir, lol. 1st impression, very nice, respectful young man.

I know Joe Falk...

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service