After listening to Nelson Piquet it sounds like RG may be able to switch over to an ownership role in Nascar and possibly bring in a driver with their own sponsorships.
Nelson stated on XM today that his goal is to bring other Brazilian drivers to the U.S. and help them get into American Motorsports. Seems like with RG being more of an International team that the infrastructure is there for Nascar as well as all the other things going on at RGM. If he can find a "development" driver that can pay their way and use some of the stuff in the shop so it isn't collecting dust, it would be a win-win situation. There are already a couple Nationwide cars in the garage... right??? Probably a handful of cup cars, so find someone that wants to "Pay To Play".
RG could always run the Nascar races that are fun for him like Michael Waltrip continues to do.
Just a thought.

Views: 2875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I get that, but there are no sponsors but Speed any way ,it's cheaper and he would run up front and get some Exposure for SPEED ,,, or he can try Driver for hire in trade for advertising in cup,,,or Race in mex and live the life eating Tacos,,,oh yea he could race everything else but NASCAR Gas On Robby

I agree. Maybe just wait a year or two and use his own Speed sponsorship. Meanwhile race the track's that are good for him. (talking Nashole) or (Asscar).

2 mile. How many are there ?

Pancho Villa, ( we need more 11/2 mile tracks ,, yea more Fontana ).

very well put and they ran it into the ground,they should just have a race with RCR,HMS JGR, and RFR that is all that they talk about anyway,how different would things be if toyota went with robby instead of POS?Jarrett and sadler did not want to drive for robby f**k them! they have no talent at all DJ should be ashamed of himself.can't drive for robby but will take POS'S money to tool around in back every week

"2 new brands". Plus these 2 NEW brands are completely different business's than he has had in the past. Before income was generated through sponsership (for most part) now income is generated from a product, consumer sales. Different business models. With these new companies (other series, tt, dakar etc aside) has gone from a marketing company that races to a product company that sponsers. Aside from sst which will also have some sponser involvment. More power to him. He will make it work and be self reliant.
It is a shame when you look at the tracks that have closed and used to have great racing, in the end just like in life it is all about the $$$$$$ . As for RG and RGM, I have followed him since he drove for AJ, he has always been " my guy". , always has been, always will be. I am just old school in that you leave the dance with the one you brought...that is one thing that is missing in life........Loyalty.....as far as RG's future in NASCAR, sur I would like to see him race more, but it's currently not in the cards, is what it is, I m damn proud of what Rob has accomplished business wise, here is hoping for four success in whatever he races. Gas on and drive it like you stole it!!

So now over on Jayski they have the stuff on there about Andretti wanting to get into Nascar, so why not pitch them on purchasing the shop, cars, equipment and be a turn key deal for RG to get out or maybe be a partner? I don't know if RG and M.A. have a decent relationship from Indy series or not. If I were RG I think I would mention it and let Andretti know that he could purchase the Nascar side and Andretti could put RG in a good Indy ride for a couple years. Who knows maybe even try to get an Andretti to run a SST for a few races! Just thinkin out loud.

I am just hoping Jeff Gordon would step up to the plate and help fund his little brother for the rest of the season! LOL!

All the what ifs and he shoulds that have been slapping the wall over the last couple years is all fun and entertaining but not a lick has been on the mark. I'm not sure of what I may have said in the past about what he should do but I'm sure it was something sound and in line with a real possibility of happening. With that I say or should I say I admit that I want Robby to run some cup races for my own reasons as a fan as a selfish fan, there's no denying the fact that when Robby Gordon is on the track I want him to do well as much for my own personal feelings as much as for his own success. Dejected is one way to describe it even for a grown man dejected is an emotion beyond control. getting all pumped up for a race and then things not pan out sucks. Then on top of that watch the race that resembles a fuckin' high school production pounded with poor preparedness is pretty pathetic and pure bunk punctuated with product proposals and.............enough with the stupid crap..........RGM as an industrial presence in Cup racing I think is an important fixture from a fundamental motor sports stand point. RGM however continuing to tread water and circle the pool in search of the "White Whale" any longer is simply a friggen mistake. If the Dodge gods show up and utilize what capabilities Robby claims (don't misunderstand me here) to have it will not be a complete team for a couple years and to be honest seeing a RGM car scamper as a back marker any longer would be detrimental to even the insects in the field near the shop. But all in balls to walls ....we'll see. Whatever the course turns out to be I just hope two things..... Robby runs the Montreal race and shows up at the Glen. And as a bonus a decent TV package for the SST so I can watch that. All in part from a selfish stand point I admit, perhaps after being a Robby Gordon fan for so long it's all part of the evolution to where who knows but NAZICAR is the premium stock car series and Robby Gordon through talent alone should be in it. Not what the man wants cool by me but hell road courses alone would be...................Did You Guys See Villive Dump danicrash on The Last Lap ???? damn!

My eyes hurt..

On Trading Paint today they were talking about Dodge. I don't remember who said it, but they said that the first thing Dodge is going to do is secure a motor program. Be it Penske, Penske selling the ,motor facility or building there own like Toyota. The next step would be the team. They said this has to happen by the Indianapolis race in late July or there won't be enough time for next year. So, the wait's almost over! I say they pick RGM, Robby hires both Kurt Busch & Matt Kenseth and away we go, an nice 3 car team flush with cash and ready to contend out of the box......I gotta lay off the moonshine....Let the rocks fly, pop my balloon, pull me over by the spelling police.....whatever, a guy can dream because I guess I'm the last sole that loves NASCAR here...diving for cover...commence the w/ the rocks!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service