Any idea who the series sponsor will be? I think it will be LUCAS OIL.

LOL!

Views: 2843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But seriously, I would prefer CHEVRON.

what if Chevron mandated no other fuel or oil signage on a drivers suit or truck? Say, I was signed to a personal contract with Mobil 1 and Sunoco.And not allow to show their signage.

I was thinking a tech company like Google or Microsoft. The have serious cash to burn, main offices in CA & VA and no conflict. I'm sure they could use some publicity:)

Along the lines of what I was thinking Dave. One large sponsor to associate and "power" the series itself. Would generate revenue. Flip side of that: how about a rotating local non-profit to build interest and create positive publicity amongst an audience that normally wouldn't be interested.

Here in CT the Chamber of Commerce sponsors a gumball type rally. It gets the local business involved with the race.

The contract between SST and the main sponsor would have to be written as to "no ball hogging" for the main sponsor, just like Monster Energy does with supercross. For example, you still see RedBul and RockStar signage/commercials in its series sponsored events.

But, I do like the Google/Microsoft non-motorsports type of sponsors to attract a brouder audience. I think that would work.

If I held 85% of the operating system market and 70% of the search engine market, why would I need to advertise?

That's how you keep it. I think you'll find MS is losing ground daily with duds such as there smart phone...just sayin, throwing it out there and see what sticks.

When was the last time you a Google ad on television? As far as Microsoft goes, I don't really care. I'm a Linux guy (old habits die hard) but I also have it KVM'd and networked to a Windows 7 box just for software compatibility reasons. Not much of a Apple guy.

I like IndyCar's title sponsor, Izod. They have a good image and there's little risk for conflicts - unlike IndyCar itself.

How about Cabela's?

Bass Pro shops,Gander Mountain

I was simply making a point that no matter how big you are, you must advertise.I see Google, Bing, MS daily on TV. I was making a point that there are companies that will advertise in a venue that they're not directly related to, yet the audience may use there product. How's about Walmart? Target?

I understand your point, however, I assure you all the Fortune 500 companies and popular or emerging dot coms have been hit on over the years by every motorsports team, sanctioning body, driver, etc. imaginable.

It's all about demographics. There's reason Red Bull, Amp, NOS, SPEED, etc. pulled out of NASCAR. It's simply not a energy drink buying demographic. (Monster is a PS deal like Carmichael had in the truck series).

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service