So I rolled into my local AM/PM this morning and the 1st thing I spot is a Speed Energy tent, then a black Polaris racer and finally a merch trailer all decked out in Speed logo's. I'm thinking to myself did I just teleport to Phoenix because that's where the street team is. I run in to pay for my gas before I hit the trailer and BAM!!! there it is, speed energy stocked in my AM/PM. I grab a couple of 4 packs, find that I get to enter for a Slash truck, thank the clerk for stocking Speed and exit the store to find my wife already buying me some merch. I start talking to the guy that races the Polaris and can't get rid of this feeling he looks familiar, turns out he was one of the guys that raced against the team I was on in Vorra 20 years ago. Anyways long story short and not sure if he has been mentioned but his name is Sean Cook and is racing in the Vorra series and HDRA. Good to see him still living the dream and sporting Speed logo's!

Views: 1581

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have to agree with you Jay, Virginia City was fun to be at.

WalMart? Like all Walmarts? That would be so huge!

Anyone know what happened to speed at Harris Teeter? I've been to seven in the DC metro area and none have them anymore and their shelf space has been filled with other energy drinks.

I noticed the same thing at a Harris Teeter near me. no speed on the shelf.. was really bummed.

Speed Freak...is this all wal marts or just in California. The only place I have been able to find Speed in my area is Smoker Friendly...they have a seperate cooler and signs in the window.

That was the post from the Speed Energy Norcal facebook so I don't know what stores it will be in.
http://www.facebook.com/speedenergy.norcal

I'm guessing the Wal-Mart deal is more regional.As memory serves Planet member Mike/WC77 got SPEED Energy into Chicago area Wal-Marts. My memory and Wal-Mart thought's could easily be wrong.

It would make sense to at least get it into the regions where the races will be run. A full-scale all Walmart campaign would bring unbelievable market awareness to the brand.

I believe that SPEED Energy is doing well, I have had 4 outlets stores in my area within a mile of home in the past 2 months
( North Orange County , LA Habra , Cal.)

I think your right with the marketing they have been doing. They said there was three other stores in my area that he thought were going to carry it as well, we do have walmart!

@MK I live just north of chicago and there is 4 walmarts kinda close, no speed here...menards oh yeah..

I would believe MK is correct in it being regional and hopefully 1 leads to many and we take some of that Monster and Redbull shelf space.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service