I've never tried SPEED, because I've never seen it on a shelf here in Indianapolis (I know--let me have it!)... Well, I just called the Menard's store in Avon, IN (just west of Indy, the store closest to Speedway) and they do have it... but there's a catch and I want to know if you guys can help fill me in on this...

I talket to a nice person, Ashley, in Groceries and she told me they had all three flavors (about 60 4-packs of Unleaded, 20 of Octane, and 50 of Fuel, IIRC) and that they were on sale for $4.49 (!) a four-pack. She told me they were "red-tagged" which she believed meant they weren't getting any more in once this sold out. I askedd her to check on that so when I come in to get some maybe she could give me more info.

Three things:

1. If you're in central Indiana and you're a RG fan, PLEASE call your Menard's and GNC and ask about SPEED Energy--then go buy some! We can't call ourselves fans and let big distribution opportunities like these slip away.

2. Does anybody know anything more specific about all this? I basically told Ashley "don't let that happen!" so let's help her out ;)

3. Brickyard weekend is nearly upon us... Any news about new distributors, handouts to generate "buzz", etc?

If this is old news, forgive me, and links will do. This all happened in the last 10 minutes and I wanted to put the word out before I go digging for more info.

Todd Bettenhausen
Indianapolis, IN

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok - Just got back from vacation in Northern Minnesota so I took the opportunity to stop at every Menards from Kansas City to there, then back a different route through Iowa which added a couple more. Here's the report:

Every store had some Speed

None had a lot out, but may have had more in back room.

Some had only 2 flavors

Some had only 1 flavor

Some had only singles in front cooler

Some had only singles in grocery cooler

Some also had 4 packs

Hardest to find was Fuel

Easiest to find was Unleaded

All were old cans

Every store knew what it was and where to look. ( I asked at every store, even though I knew where to find it.)

Most had singles @ $1.49. 4 packs were on sale @ $4.49 ($1.12/can). All but one of the stores with singles only figured out how to give me the 4 pack price.

I bought the entire stock of Fuel at every store, and the entire stock of unleaded at every store that was out of Fuel.

Store in Ottumwa Iowa had plenty so I didn't buy it all (car getting pretty full by that point.)

Previous trip in April, they were basically giving it away - I think it was $4.99 with a $1 per can rebate (limit 30 cans)
Yes, I'm still married (barely) "Do we need gas already?, Oh GOD NO, Not another Menards!"

This concludes your Menards/Speed Energy Midwest report for Summer 2011!
R. Aldridge, you are the man!
Garage fridge is full, life is good!
PAYING $2 A CAN A G&M A CHEVRON MINI MART IN ORANGE COUNTY. WAY TO MUCH NEED THOSE 4 PACK DEALS OCTANE IS GOOD UNLEADED YUCK AND THE FUEL IS REALLY TASTY.HOPE TO FIND IT ON SALE SOON I ONLY DRINK ON THE WEEKENDS THEY TEND TO KEEP ME UP AT NIGHT.
I agree on the unleaded. I meant to say that I bought all the Fuel, and if it was gone bought all the OCTANE. Left the unleaded for someone else ( not you, I guess), pretty much that same taste that all sugar-free stuff has. Now, if Robby/Speed could break that code... well, 2 car team, full NASCAR seasons, fully funded DAKAR, etc, etc, :-)
"2 car team, full NASCAR season...." I think that ship has sailed. NASCAR isn't exactly a demographic hot bed for energy drinks. If it was, Monster, Rockstar, etc. would be heavily represented in all three series and Red Bull wouldn't be leaving. For the cost of sending a car to Pocono twice a year I'd rather see a SPEED t-shirt and "S" emblazoned helmet on a skater dude on live TV at the Summer X-Games.
Nothing to do with energy drinks, just pointing out that whoever can make sugar free stuff taste good will obviously be set for life. And, no tv skater dudes for me, thanks
yorba linda blvd and valley view
had good success in Duluth, MN a month ago or so.. heading back down from my small canadian city to get more shortly.. will report back...

only thing that might complicate it coming to canada is that there's no french on the can... could be a problem.. but not for me.. it's a short drive.
Although there is no Menard's around here, it would be a shame if they stopped carrying Speed Energy. Robby should maintain a relationship with them. I like the taste of the Unleaded, it is very light but it could have a tad bit more flavor. It is the one I drink the most. I like that it is not syrupy fake sweet like the Monster lo carb. But for myself and a few others, the Unleaded has a diuretic effect which is not good. I think they need to look at what causes this, same thing with Venom grape, but not with the other lo/zero carb products we have tried.
I was at the Menards in Montgomery IL and they only had a limited supply of Speed Energy. The manager look up the information on it and it was listed as a seasonal item with no special orders to be taken. He said when it is gone it is gone. Does not mean they can't have in the future. He also told me Menards recently signed a promotional deal with Coca Cola. This might mean they will sell Cokes energy drinks.
If you search on the Menard's website you will find they list a different energy drink, two sport drinks and powder like drink mix, but no Speed Energy. (Yes one sport drink is a Coca Cola branded drink, but the others are not.) Maybe Speed is considered seasonal or maybe because Speed is picking up more new accounts they have backed off using Menard's as a main distributor? My guess is Menard's probably did not sell a huge amount of Speed Energy, as that is not typically where you would go to buy drinks. But with that said Menard's was a great starting point and hopefully in the future they will continue to sell it.

BTW on Speed Twitter RG posted about why he will not be racing the TORC race in NC and one of the reasons was another 7-11 Tradeshow. That is good news as Speed Energy did a 7-11 Tradeshow in May. Now 7-11 is where you go to buy drinks!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service