Really looking forward to this year's Dakar. If I remember correctly, the two areas where the Hummer gave up performance last year to the eventual winners were overall straight line speed and the lack of 4WD.

Has anything changed either in the rules or in the configuration of the 2010 cars to try to close that gap?

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

who builds RG's off road engine??

OOOOOOOrrrr, is that where the GM support come in. just curious

doesnt he use UMI Tuning and electronics also,
I have UMI Handle bars on my superjet..........good stuff
It's a GM racing engine. They also support him with body design and aero. Don't get fly into that discussion though. He essentially designed the wing on the back(or one just like it). Seriously, no joke intended
i dig the new rear wing design!
KayTech built all the versions. Now he has two new engine guys really going for it. It's best for RG to keep inching towards big power with the ASO. Cuz one year they will F up and RG will come to the knife fight with a Bazooka.
RG already has a thirsty engine, pushing for more power; it will make it thirstier. According to the regulations, minimum mileage per gas tank has to be 800km, irrespective of the terrain. ASO encourages teams to actually build another 10% excess capacity, taking the mileage to 880km. RG may not need an engine that big, if the ASO is going squeeze the air intake, he could go with a smaller engine to pick up better mileage and a smaller gas tank. Depending on the engine mapping, smaller engine might make the hummer faster thru the tight stuff

I may sound un-American, trying to reduce the engine size, but it is better then Robby running around the desert begging bike riders for fuel like he did 2 years ago. I wish the restrictor was not there and we could see the hummer at max performance, but I guess close competition is what makes this epic race fun to watch.
Well said!
Un-american...HAHHAH, Good point as we are always....BIGGER..MORE, BIGGER, is better right????

he may like the TQ of the 427 for as heavy as the Hummer is though
A choked out 427 will still build more TQ then a spindled out 4 banger. 8 pistons drawing vacuum increases intake velocity. Thus more air = more fuel = more power.

Also, a small engine will put him into a smaller restrictor. Thus less air potential provided.

He needs to keep a big inch, push rod configuration to get max restrictor size.

The engine combo he runs is less than 400lbs it also provides better weight transfer than a 4 banger would provide. His combo behind rear axle centerline actually lightens the front end and makes it much more nimble in sand and increases the effectiveness of the turning brakes.

RG's choice of layout isn't by accident nor convenience.

Drive any car with a choked out 4 banger or v-6 then bolt on some 35s.... SLUG
SLUG- sounds like the power on my old 1991 Jeep Wrangler
Hey there, the reason he ran out that time was the breather between the two parts of the tank allowing the last ten gallons into the cell was pinched, unknown to them they were ten gallons short when filled. Robbies dad told me they found this pinched tube the next night on tear down and corrected it
I was thinking that the SIR went from 32mm to 34 mm. Regardless the acceleration will not be noticeably changed but the high end rpm will be better.

matt
I disagree matt. Speed is directly related to rpm. Rpm builds faster without a restrictor than with

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service