Really looking forward to this year's Dakar. If I remember correctly, the two areas where the Hummer gave up performance last year to the eventual winners were overall straight line speed and the lack of 4WD.

Has anything changed either in the rules or in the configuration of the 2010 cars to try to close that gap?

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bricoop, I may be wrong on the big engines such as the 7 liter, but on the smaller SCCA engines the inlet restrictor does not change the acceleration hardly at all. When the air going through the 34mm restrictor approaches the speed of sound is when the power falls off thus giving you the highest rpm you can run to. When the air through the restrictor reaches the speed of sound it can not flow anymore regardless of the vacuum trying to bring the air through. This is why many sanctioning bodies went to the SIR instead of the flat plate throttle body type restrictor. When and if NASCAR goes to fuel injection in 2011 you will hear a whole lot of talk of SIR's.

matt
Robby runs in OPEN Class the VW.,BMW,.Mitsu.and Subaru are not. Differences are Robby is two wheel drive .18 inches wheel travel.Remote adjustable rear tire pressure. I believe the engine air restrictor is the same size for the hummer as last year.The other cars use turbos that help with beating the restrictor.Robby doesn't.They are 4x4 less wheel travel and no remote air pressure changes..I hear he added some lighter parts..I think he is wait to surprise.everyone with some trixs to beat the rules His car is the best in the rough when he can stay on the gas and they can't
the air restrictor is not the same this year, they increased the size of the restrictor, robby will have more power this time.
He was bitching about that last year...So for real he gets for air to his engine this time.. . He use to release test videos of his tests every year before the race on youtube. I didn't see any this year... I don't think he wants to play his cards yet.. BMW was fast last year .they are back with a better car.. This race is going to be good.
Good Luck, Robbie. I hope you put this trophy on top of your pit box at Daytona to humble some of those fatheads. Put some respect in place. Brett (Infield Hotpass)
Robby - with a "Y".
Is Robby running the same Hummer he used 4 years ago? Is it the same chassis with upgrades year to year? or did the first truck become the vangard hummer and a new monster one was built? Also, does anyone know what the differences are between the 3? Im sure they are subtle differences if any.
2006 was the converted RGM Theirot Class 1.

2007 Modified 2006 for Ronn and New one for RG both w/ Fly rear body conversion.

2008 Identical RG versions from 2007 base with all new bodies.

2009 Upgraded 2008 for BJ and RG- Converted Alpha (J Kaiser) with 95% of 2009 Upgrades for Carlo.

Basically if anything breaks there is 2 extra cars for parts and the T-4 loaded with parts.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am from the east coast and dont know much about off road. What is a Theirot Class 1 and an Alpha? Are they chassis builders?

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service