To be frank, I think everyone knows that the Hummers are simply faster than the other cars. We know it, the competition knows it and ASO knows it. Take away our mechanical breakdowns and we would have easily won the majority of the stages; not just by a little, but a lot. Robby and Nasser are great drivers it's true, but to give them their due, some of the other drivers are no slouches either. We've all seen the videos of the Hummers and Mini's going head-to-head, and the Hummers just blow right on by. Whiners they may be, but other drivers have essentially said the same thing : while various terrain differences may favor different configurations, given the overall conditions this year, the Hummers are quite simply the faster cars.

So is it fair for ASO to continue to allow us to have a speed advantage, simply because, as a smaller team that advantage is assumed to be offset by reliability issues, or is there a legitimate case to be made for slowing the Hummers next year ?

Views: 3190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

but in some of the releases from Chevy it uses the word Dakar in the description with Rally truck... I would think you would not put Dakar in there unless you have a plan for someone to build one for the race!

The fact that the Hummers were faster this year was obious, there were no VW's. I would be surprised if there weren't some restrictions placed on the Hummer. However the reliability problems easily off set the speed advantage of the Hummers. Let's face it Air Al got the Hummers allot of attention with his balls to the wall charges and even though he dnf'ed it will cause the Hummer problems as far as restrictions.

U gotta love the gang that kept the Hummers going for the effort. Lets hope that this near miss on a win can get us the much needed money that will help in reliability. Step up Dodge, even Ford. We got the team we just need more money to finish the job.

Kicking Asses in the dirt or at Dakar puts a smile on my face:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service