“We’re going to do everything we can [to race],” Gordon said Friday
at Dover International Speedway. “If I was to miss races, they would be
the weakest races [to get sponsorship] NASCAR has. Our goal is to race,
and that’s what I desire to do. We’re going to continue to do that until
it becomes financially not possible to do that.”

Gordon wouldn’t pinpoint a specific race where he might have to stay home. He said he would not start-and-park.

“We’re still trying to sell races,” Gordon said. “We’re going to run until we can’t run. That’s the best answer I can give.”

Gordon does have commitments for some off-road events. During the race at Pocono in June, Gordon will miss track activity Friday and Saturday so he can run the Baja 500. Michael Waltrip will
practice and qualify the car for him, Gordon said.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/Recently_pe...

The end of the world as we know it.... Mikey in Robby's car.

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i hear you, but I will say this....I tended to follow the nationwide series a little more when DP was racing (DP - get it? Nevermind...probably only JB will). She was remarkably candid in her own evaluation of her skills, but she's also got a little red-ass in her. I'm kinda impressed with the gal...too bad her boobs are so small....
Early season hype. You know better than that. Just like Dale jr with the M Dew stuff , 8 to 88.
TOG goto bed, you need a rest after this weekend lol
Slept great last night...lol..
I'm pretty sure that he'll still win the Most Popular Driver in NASCAR this year, and she will win it for the IRL.

You don't have to be good to be popular.
ya really Jr. won nascraps last year......lol
Just because she has a long way to go before she is actually qualified for Cup (she'll never actually be qualified for Cup) that doesn't mean she is actually too far away from a ride.

As mediocre as the field is in IndyCar, it is actually better than it has been the last few years and it seems to be showing in her results. Or lack of results.

It's not like being one of the best 43 stock car drivers is a requirement to make the field in NASCARs Cup series.
I am on the 'other' girls bandwagon. Simone .
I'm a fan.....
gdfthdhg
The only thing that comes to mind is how DW says what a dysfunctional family Nascar is. LOL!
What the heck, so Mikey gets in the car for a bit, he's missing being in them.

Found this interesting, I think from reading along here that Robby doesn't get any of this help/info, even with it being a general info received by all teams, they seem to be making something work from it.

Lee White (link):
Toyota has tried to aid teams with prerace decision-making by testing Camrys from each team on a seven-post shaker rig at its NASCAR headquarters in Salisbury, N.C. The performance data (minus setup information) then are disseminated among its teams.

"A crew chief can see what the characteristics of another guy's car are, even if we don't share what the parts are that got them there," White said. "That approach looks like it's bearing some fruit."

David Reutimann said Michael Waltrip Racing had made changes to his No. 00 before heading to the track based on Toyota's reports. "It saves money and time," he said. "It's been instrumental."
I think too much is made of these driver feuds. They all rely on each other. I mean, there are less than 50 guys who drive in the Cup Series in the WORLD. 50 out of 7 billion people do this. I'm sure a few guys genuinely don't like each other, but if drivers held grudges for years upon years, everyone would be wrecking everyone.

RG and MW are each trying to do the same thing. There has to be some mutual respect there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service