Thanks for all the support people have given to this website, as today it turns 4 years old. I can't begin to think about the countless hours we have spent here. Good times. Bad times. But we are still here. Great bunch of fans, friends, colleagues, etc. Sorry if I had to delete your posts from time to time, but sometimes, topics need to have containment.

We are going to do all we can to get to year number 5, but we need your help.

** if you have already made a contribution, thank you. You have helped to keep the site going up until this point. 100% optional , so thanks again.

Those who want to help, can join the premium group and become a LIFETIME member sponsor to the website.

or you can make a site donation via the save the planet button on the main page, left column.

Premium group members will get a 2013 Planet Dakar T-shirt that looks something like this

( rough idea, but the final product will be awesome. )

Again, 100% optional, thanks for the support & lets keep it going for many years to come.

Views: 3492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't waste money on overpriced coffee which disappears in moments, spend your money wisely on entertainment. A lot of people don't realize how much entertainment there is in the chat during the Nascar races and occasional supercross races. If they did, there would be no problem with funding.

I can say thanks to the effort of yourself and many others for allowing me to stay up with Gordon as i have for a long time. I hope i can help out with something that sets a good example for other Robby Gordon Race Fans.

The question everyone needs to ask themselves is 'What is it worth to me to have all this RG info at your figertips?' This site is not funded by RG or Speed. It is fan based and paid for by just a few people. Is it worth $1 a week to keep it going?? Will you care when the site closes to public view because not enough of us cared enough to donate a couple bucks? If it is, then click on the donate button or go to the Premium group and click the join button. $1 a week isn't a lot of cash for anyone.

Great stuff TOG. I visit this web-site more than any other. Although I am out of work, I can scrape up $100.00 to donate towards the site and probably more if I sell my kids. I'll do what I can for now and more when I am back to work.

Another thought - I know somebody had brought up the idea of sponsoring sites with ads - which you shot down and I am thankful for as it would ruin the experience. But what about a a Static Banner Add with one at the top of the page representing one company such as Jack in the Box, AirAid, GrindTV, University of Phoenix or anyone willing to put up a little change (drop in the bucket for them) Just saying - have you considered a site sponsor opposed to the standard adds that annoy everyone.

ANYTHING but the University of Phoenix. I'm SICK of them consatntly calling me.

If you are reading this and visit more than once a day PLEASE click on the donate button on the main page and help keep the Planet orbiting. It is well worth a few bucks to have a place to gather all things RG. Dakar coverage alone is worth a ton to all of us. I am sure everyone can spare the cost of one $8 movie to keep the planet going. Thanks. Eric.

thanks 7gason7.

we have passed the 50% barrier.

Glad to hear. but is the glass half empy or half full?

Hey TOG: Am at my cabin in the great white north and as soon as I am back in Edmonton you can count on me! I apprecaite everything you do and would not even consider short changing the planet! You will see my donation Monday night!

cool deal! and we are still google ad-free !

Come on everybody, the site is halfway to it's goal from looking at the tracker. You don't want to show up one day at the Planet and it be gone like the Uprising was(different reasons but this site can be gone just like it was).

Just looked and noticed the site had 12000 members, if only 10-15% could donate $5 or what you can, you would be helping out a great deal. You don't have to become a premium member if you don't want too but still donate something to the site if you enjoy coming here and participate often! Planet Premium is where it's at though so join if you haven't yet :o)

DONATE NOW......

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service