The entry list is up and Robby Gordon is listed as start position seven. Now I started this discussion to just get some ideas and predictions before the race. I'll kick it off by noting that the race course is the same as last year. Considering this, the teams that ran the race last year are going to have an advantage. It's not like Robby has never ran there before and that he has no chance. I think he has a great chance and and I hope he does well (I mean if he does well, then I get to see him at Primm). I just thought that might be a little food for thought.

Views: 185

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for keeping me updated at work guys.
It is not looking good for RG. Some people apparently have video evidence of him cutting the coarse.
well that sux, i thought it was as long as you hit the check points?
I guess we won't really know anything until some official results come out.
probably just like the evidence Baldwins had a few years ago of Robby speeding.
Won't know the verdict of RG's crime until tomorrow during the Awards Ceremony - what a bummer.
No shit. It's second place. RG wouldn't cut so far out that he would go down there for nothing. And ruin his championship run to boot.
I hope he didn't take a left at MM146. That was an area that allot of teams secretly knew you could cut-off about three miles, Sal also knew it and supposedly planned on having someone at MM149 making sure everyone came through there. It is not uncommon for SCORE to have unofficial "check" points in areas where the course can be cut so much that it presents a clear competitive advantage. Every driver out there has his or hers little short cuts, but the big ones are the ones you better think about before using.

Believe me, Sal is not going to disqualify Robby Gordon……come on …..Robby is the sports Poster Child. He wouldn’t even respond to Honda cutting the course in the 1K, after he stood right there and said ANYONE who cut the course at that point would be DQ’d……..you can see Honda cutting the course in DTG.

Sal is to SCORE what Bill France was to NASCAR and he makes the rules.

Nothing will happen to Robby……on to the 500
I'm not possitive this is offical-saw this posted over at race-dezert.com
by
Round 2 of five-race 2009 SCORE Desert Series

March 14, 2009—San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico, 232.4 miles

Total Entries: 236 Total Starters: 226 Total Finishers: 162 (71.7 percent)

O F F I C I A L F I N I S H E R S

Pro Cars & Trucks

SCORE TROPHY-TRUCK (Unlimited Production Trucks)—1. Brian Collins, Las Vegas, Dodge Ram 1500, 3:47:49 (61.21mph); 2. Robby Gordon, Charlotte, N.C., Chevy CK1500, 3:59:20; 3. Mark Post, Laguna Beach, Calif./Rob MacCachren, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 4:07:57; 4. Chet Huffman, Northridge, Calif./Jerry Whelchel, Portola Hills, Calif., Chevy C1500, 4:17:05; 5. Adam Householder, Orange, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 4:34:40; 6. B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado, 5:43:50; 7. Troy Herbst/Ed Herbst, Las Vegas, Ford F-150, 6:18:12; 8. Robbie Pierce/Mike Julson, Santee, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 7:34:36; 9. Greg Nunley, Visalia, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 7:54:57; 10. Ed Stout, Santa Ana, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 9:59:37

(17 Starters, 10 Finishers)
Well there ya go. 2nd place.
Thanks Offspring! I just logged on and saw this! Holly Crap people, How many times do I have to say "Dont go to Baja Racing News!". This guy is a fraud and has stolen from more people in the sport then you could imagine. This guy has been band from not only websites, but he has been fired from radio and TV shows where he has claimed to be someone he is not. He was banned from attanding CORR races. You have to be pretty F'ed up to have a series looking to make sure your not at there race. I just resently found out threw investigators about his latest scam. I'm sure I am not suppose to discuss it, but he is taking money from people like you all who would love to venture down to Baja but dont feel safe to do it aloan.

95% of what is posted on that site is taken from sites like RDC and PlanetRobby. He finds something and he posts it on his site like he is the auther or he will change it to fit his agenda. This guy will steal profesional photo's and put them on his site, and put his logos on them like their his property. I should ask TOG to delete every post that has his websites name in it or makes referance to something found there.

Trust me this guy is 100 times worst then the crazy lady that was trying to act as a marketing agent for RGM a year or so ago, and she posted a sponsorship ad on Ebay looing for sponsorship.

BTW Jan this is not a shot at you. I will assume you did not know. But now that you do please dont post or quote this website again.
10-4 Nikal/offspring. I have deleted references to his site before,and refused to place his Baja Live! " logo in the bulletin board. I trust my longtime friends Offspring & Nikal when it comes to this.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service