RSVP Los Angeles Coliseum May 29, RG Special Announcement

Did anyone else get this? I am going to try and make it! Anything to support the movement.

SPEED Energy going global! and hopefully stadium off-road racing! Can't wait!

Views: 15492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And for all those conspiracy theorists: (for what it is worth..... I don't know what it means, but it is timely)

Coliseum Commission approves controversial new lease with USC
May 14, 2012 | 4:00 pm 57
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission on Monday approved a landmark agreement to surrender public control of the 88-year-old stadium to USC.
The 8-1 vote, with Commissioner Bernard C. Parks opposing, caps months of secretive negotiations as the stadium's governing panel, which is jointly controlled by the state, county and city, has hurtled toward financial ruin. The Coliseum commission has been struggling with a corruption scandal that has led to the arrests of three of its former managers, a janitorial contractor and two rave promoters that held concerts there.
USC and the Commission majority have said the deal is important to modernize the dilapidated stadium, which has lacked maintenance for years and needs its seats replaced. Sports industry experts say the deal offers USC virtually all the practical advantages of owning the Coliseum without forcing the school to buy it.
COLISEUM UNDER SCRUTINY: FULL COVERAGE
A state report in 2005 valued the Coliseum grounds at between $240 million and $400 million. The lease deal calls for USC to invest $70 million to renovate the stadium, take over the Coliseum's $1-million rent to the state, and give the university control over revenue. The private school is seeking control of the stadium for 99 years.
"Most of it is exclusively to benefit the university," said Parks, who is also an L.A. councilman and has been a vocal opponent of the deal. "We should have negotiated this with more interest to the community and in the interest of the taxpayers."
L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, a stadium commissioner who supported the deal, said USC has the financial ability to make the stadium a first-class property. "I believe our community deserves a first-rate facility," he said.
After Monday's vote, USC is seeking three more concessions from the state: an extension of the Coliseum lease from 2054 to 2111, a promise not to renegotiate the deal if the Coliseum Commission somehow dissolves, and a deal to control six potentially highly profitable state-owned parking lots ringing the stadium.

So Monday they approved this, and Wednesday Robby announces plans for a press conference at the Colosseum?
Maybe the announcement is it will be called the Speed Colosseum. (conspiracy) hahaha

Hopefully one of the networks would pick it up and at the least, run it on a tape delayed basis. I know CBS ran an off-road race this past weekend on its Sports Spectacular.

For the sake of argument it's a series of which you spake. Looks like a road trip to Rochester if it ever comes up this neck of the woods. You see the stadium the Buffalo Bills........(I pause for the laughter) the stadium they play in is owned by the county of Erie. Which is notorious for F'n things up like social outings such as this. There are so many hands out when you try and do something around here you swear it's.............I can't think of any rigid comparison or abstract ..............oh yea here goes..............This place is bass ackwards and greedy.

Bud you forgot the Rogers Center in Toronto . I saw the old MTEG series there when i was a kid . Plus there is always the Great American Ballpark ( where the Reds play in Cincinnati ) , Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis ( where the Colts play ) , and Heinz Field in Pittsburgh ( where the Steelers play ) all of these are whithin a few hours drive of us . But yeah i know what you mean as far as The Ralph lol . I can remember back in the early 80s USHRA had a truck and tractor pull there and they screwed that all up . ( it was Rich Stadium back then ) I also dont think the arena in Rochester would be big enough . I think our best bet for something ACTUALLY IN NY STATE would probably have to be either the Carrier Dome in Syracuse since both NY football teams actually play in NJ

Perhaps debuting the SPEED Monster Truck ?

So the LOORRS was the race on CBS. It would be great to see Robby and the LOORRS work out a deal where they are not all competing for the same drivers and fans. I can't make it on the 29th. But if there is a stadium race at the coliseum, I will absolutely be there!

i dont know but i think it has to do with Score International new owners RG and CS....

Any person on this board think I'm allowed in canada raise your hand..................................MJ now you are enlightened enlightenment is a wonderful thing.

Might have to build a short course truck...

I mentioned this on another forum months ago. Tony has his Dirt LM Charity race, Denny has his Asphalt LM Charity race, it only makes sense for Robby to have one using those Trophy Kart things.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service