Views: 2802

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh. When did this happen?

San Filepe three years ago. It was broadcasted on Speed and verified by many that were present at that race.

Also if you really want to get into it and do a little research you will find that the old "Hay Hauler" owned by Jim Vennable that Robby drove for a couple of years to all of his first wins was found to be Illegal. Seems that he was driving a truck that had an "Unfair Advantage" according to the diffrent race organizers and was disqualified. This after his first two seasons of driving without his dads help. True Robby does have a special feel for driving on the dirt and has above average driving abilitys. This has been commented on by many such as Tony Stewart much to his suprise. This still doesn't excuse his cheating and not playing on an equal field with his fellow racers.

Thank you for sharing Bruce. I suppose you wouldn't be commenting here on planet Robby if you believed this is going on during his current races and projects.

What Robby does is his business and what he gets caught at becomes public business. Robby has a special talent just as his dad did and still does. I don't belive that the "Tire Inflation" issue was totally understood nor treated with fairness but I also don't know the whole story nor was I there to judge for myself.
What I do believe is that if you treat everyone and every situation with fairness and honesty you will be treated with the same amount of fairness and honesty.

Bruce,

I believe you are incorrect. Robby jumped the TT off a cliff and saved about 10 miles. Score has some very strict rules, including hitting every checkpoint (which RG did) and not speeding on the highway. He had the Cajones to go off a huge drop and risk his truck at the same time. Not cheating, strategy.

As the rules state you MUST stay on the designated course. If you recall it was Robby that complained to Sal about having to use the trackers at that race. Others have been penalized for being as little as ten feet off the course and the ten miles he cut off were by far the most technical and hardest on the cars/tires of the course.
YES ROBBY DID CHEAT KNOWINGLY!

Sal avoided the issue just as he used to do when proof was given when The old Dodges of Walker Evens used to change motors/ transmissions during the races and use helicopters to run parts into. Nor was Walker penalized for having oversized arms on his truck. He used the very same excuse with Robby as then and that was that none of the Score Officials observed the cheating. Photo proof was submitted may times and always the same excuses were used.
It will be good to have someone that stands by the rules and enforces them to the letter

Everyone cheats, they just all don't get caught.

I didnt Know there were a such thing as "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE" in the class

i was allways told a rule book is just a guideline for building a racecar LOL

Lets see it was found that the motor was set back a bunch and the "Stock" arms were anything but stock length running in a stock class 8 truck. This was verified by both Mr Savage and the builder of the truck as well.

So what, that ship sailed many blue moons ago.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service