Nascar Roundup (Radio segment)
During the spotlight on Jim Beam & Jack Daniels leaving, they played a interview with Robby Gordon

Robby how is your team looking for next season?
Robby - "We're okay for next season. We have alot of good things hapenning at RGM. Our offroad program is hoping to finish up with a Championship. We won Baja. We have alot of exciting things happenning with the Dakar Rally. Our Cup program is getting better, once we quit beating ourselves I think we'll suprise some people, We have Menards & Mapei coming back next season. We have Polaris coming onboard. We have a couple of opportunities for some of our sponsors on our offroad side to benefit with our Cup program. We have a couple of sponsors we're in discussions with that would be great to have join us. If Indy changes their start time, we have a sponsor ready to go for that deal, both Indy & Charlotte. I think Nascar is looking at ways to trim the costs more, which really benefits teams like ours. Jim Beam has been a great sponsor for us, we hate to see them leave and we have a relationship that will continue."

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess the next question is: What team will Robby get a car from for Indy? I don't think a car from RPM (John Andretti) would be a wise choice. Robby doesn't just want to race, he wants to win.

The other question I have is if there will be a "fan" double duty flight from Indy to Charlotte similar to what was done in the past. I couldn't swing this years ago but would certainly be interested this time around.

As far as the 2 car team thing goes, I am going to put that to bed for now until there is reason to believe that it is at all possible. For now I am just thrilled that RGM is moving forward for 2010.
Me thinks that there will not be enough "quality" rides available if Indy changes time. I would hate to see RG in another field filler.
Me thinks if Robby does Indy he'll secure enoughh sponsorship to buy and tune his own Indy car.....the last time they did this with a Chevy was when Chevy sucked at Indy...but somehow Robby managed to pass 14 cars in the first two laps...

Don't worry about Robby and Indy....he'll have competative stuff.......
Remember the last time Stewart tried the double? They met him in pit road getting out of his cup car with a stretcher and oxygen. And that's back when he was in younger and in better shape. I'm not thinking he'll try that again... Takes a lot of stamina to run both events. Not sure Andretti could do it these days either. But we know that Robby can! Just another normal race weekend for him.

They had better air the Indy race on a real network and not Versus. Lots of DirecTV customers like me that would lynch some network exec.
Stewart couldn't do the double, all the pressures of his "ownership" responisbilities just makes it too hard...
For alan4s, I feel the same way about drinking Beam. I started when RGM got their sponsorship. I was indifferent in what whiskey I drank knowing that they were leaving. If there are still ties... I will keep drinking Beam
I'll keep drinking Beam anyway. They supported us through those rough early years when they could have easily said goodbye. I'll still wear my Beam gear and hang my Beam flags on race day. They were good to us. That's gotta count for something. Besides, I like the stuff too much to just stop.
I'll drink to that!
2010 will be another interesting year for RGM. Hope some good things come our way!
Conflicting reports are coming out about Paul Menard. First Menard said he would wait and see but was committed to Yates & RPM for 2010, ESPN reported at Dover Menard was "no comment" about the situation and that Menard is looking around and is not happy with the way the Yates / RPM deal is looking. Supposively he was spotted at RCR but, Paul denied he was heading to RCR in 2010 this weekend when asked about the #07 ride.

According to Larry McReynolds, Paul could not be held to his contract since Yates is selling a majority of the company to RPM.

If Menard is looking to leave, most teams have a "No Vacancy" sign. Of the teams with vacany, only a few would make sense: JGR (Having sponsorship would be attractive for JGR to easily add a 4th team), RGM (Having a long time relationship with Gordon, would make it a option) EGR (doubtful Menard would head back to teh team he left, but since the grass wasn't greener and JPM is in The Chase, might be tempting) Red Bull Racing & Stewart Haas both have room, but both have stated that have no interest at this time to expand. The most logical would be Penske, they would have room and Dodge might help make the deal work since they're looking for additional teams. Of course all this depends on whether or not Paul is actually looking to leave.
No offense, but JGR makes no sense, period. They would never be allowed to sign Menard and his sponsor considering Home Depot is on the 20 car. If Home Depot left, it might be possible, but Gibbs is not hurting that much in regards to sponsor dollars.
I wouldn't close the door on the 07 at RCR. It's the only choice that doesn't involving building and staffing a new team from scratch- something that teams are less likely to do given Paul's willingness to jump teams (2nd in two years is kind of a big deal).

We'd all like to see him at RGM, but that's been beat to death.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service