Nascar Roundup (Radio segment)
During the spotlight on Jim Beam & Jack Daniels leaving, they played a interview with Robby Gordon

Robby how is your team looking for next season?
Robby - "We're okay for next season. We have alot of good things hapenning at RGM. Our offroad program is hoping to finish up with a Championship. We won Baja. We have alot of exciting things happenning with the Dakar Rally. Our Cup program is getting better, once we quit beating ourselves I think we'll suprise some people, We have Menards & Mapei coming back next season. We have Polaris coming onboard. We have a couple of opportunities for some of our sponsors on our offroad side to benefit with our Cup program. We have a couple of sponsors we're in discussions with that would be great to have join us. If Indy changes their start time, we have a sponsor ready to go for that deal, both Indy & Charlotte. I think Nascar is looking at ways to trim the costs more, which really benefits teams like ours. Jim Beam has been a great sponsor for us, we hate to see them leave and we have a relationship that will continue."

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That would just kick ass if the start time for Indy could be pushed back.
The IRL , networks and Nascar need to get on the ball with this one for sure.
Amen! I'd be at the 500 for sure!
"...Jim Beam has been a great sponsor for us, we hate to see them leave and we have a relationship that will continue."

Personal services deal? Cool to see that Robby and JB will still have something going on. I won't feel guilty to keep drinking it then. ;)
Wonder if Jim Beam will continue their True Character videos or something like that...Prelude race?
Reports have it they are in discussions. It would be really good for both events. Hav eto think several drivers would be interested in trying : Robby, Juan Pablo Montoya, Allmendinger, Scott Speed, Marcos Ambrose and Tony Stewart.
Tony is on the record saying he wouldn't be interested in doing the double again. Of course if the times are changed to make it possible, he could very well change his mind.
I can see Robby doing it and possibly Stewart but JPM isn't interested, Allmendinger doesn't like racing open wheel on ovals and have heard nothing about Ambrose wanting to do it though it wouldn't surprise me. I think Sam Hornish would do it if it changed.
IMO the two that would definitely do the double would be RG and John Andretti (provided he still has a cup ride) and Sam Hornish as a possibility.
Even though it's only in May, I wonder if the hunt for a cup title would keep Smoke & JPM away from doing the double. I remember how much Stewart complained about how hard it was to pull off, and that was before all the pressures of "ownership".

Ambrose was not an open-wheel driver in Australia. It's not his form of racing, I highly doubt you'd see him there.
na, Menard is staying with the Yates deal, and Fords
Pretty much sounds its basically a done deal if the start time for Indy is changed.

That will make that Sunday much, much more enjoyable. Hopefully.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service