Planet Robby

2014 Robby Gordon Racing Headquarters

Nascar.com is reporting that Robby has decided not to run next weekend at New Hampshire because of lack of sponsorship. Robby Gordon Motorsports will be running a car with P.J. Jones only. Is this true!

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes RC was begging him to stay....
That's the way I heard it as well. Cingular/AT&T were ready to go another direction and RCR/Jack Daniels wanted Robby for the third team.

I don't think Crown Royal will be around much longer.
I hope you mean as a sponsor, because I still have some liver left.
Jim Beam wrote RGM cheques for 5 years, not 4. I agree that Crown Royal is a lone wolf (as far as hard liquor goes) in a billion dollar sport. Money is very hard to find right now. The companies are trimming the fat bigtime. I don't understand why companies like GEICO don't spend money with RGM. He's almost always in the show and is more marketable than Mad Max. Don't get me wrong, I like Max Papis. I just think Robby is a better return on the dollar. Just my opinion.
Beam was with RG for 5 years...2005,2006,2007,2008,2009
Does JB still have a personal services agreement with Robby? Nope.. Doesnt look like it. Although he left the logo on his Polaris fire suit.
thats because it was his 2009 firesuit
Monster did so much for Robby this year to help make up for the departure of Jim Beam. I would never criticize their financial business decision and just thank them for their support to date. Sure I would like them to sponsor Robby as much as everyone else on this site, but it just doesn't fit the business model. Can't fault them for that.
yup......and if they were not there, this would not be the first "Robby not racing......." discussion.
It's already 11:00 am EST. When is this press release going to happen?
today

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

timothy price replied to mj's discussion Elevation Acquires 40 Percent Ownership Position in Stadium Super Trucks Series Robby Gordon Formula Off-Road Stadium SUPER Trucks
19 hours ago
timothy price replied to mj's discussion Elevation Acquires 40 Percent Ownership Position in Stadium Super Trucks Series Robby Gordon Formula Off-Road Stadium SUPER Trucks
19 hours ago
Sandi Parker replied to mj's discussion Elevation Acquires 40 Percent Ownership Position in Stadium Super Trucks Series Robby Gordon Formula Off-Road Stadium SUPER Trucks
20 hours ago
yesterday
Sandi Parker replied to mj's discussion Elevation Acquires 40 Percent Ownership Position in Stadium Super Trucks Series Robby Gordon Formula Off-Road Stadium SUPER Trucks
yesterday
Eric Howard replied to mj's discussion Elevation Acquires 40 Percent Ownership Position in Stadium Super Trucks Series Robby Gordon Formula Off-Road Stadium SUPER Trucks
yesterday
J.R. Sands commented on will's group Planet Biker Bar
yesterday
timothy price commented on will's group Planet Biker Bar
yesterday
timothy price joined will's group
yesterday
will commented on will's group Planet Biker Bar
yesterday
timothy price replied to mj's discussion RDC Gordini discussion
yesterday
mj replied to mj's discussion RDC Gordini discussion