Nascar.com is reporting that Robby has decided not to run next weekend at New Hampshire because of lack of sponsorship. Robby Gordon Motorsports will be running a car with P.J. Jones only. Is this true!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In addition to selling the Planet Robby shirts to raise money - I would like to see some racing sheet metal for sale. I have a spot that would look great with the side of Robby's Sonoma car hanging there.
I think the main savings on a S&P team is you can use the engines, and transmissions more than once. The tires are probably 2100 a pitstop. I thought the fuel was free but I am probably wrong. As long as NASCAR pays you to show up and not race the S&P's will surely continue. They only need to restructure the purse and no more start and parks.

matt
Nascar has a contract to have 43 cars at each race. thats why you will always have S and P's
If the S and P teams all say f it and strike for 1 race nascar might do a better job of revenue shareing. It would be that or lose a lot of cash for braking there T.V. deals.
Some of you don't see the big picture. The cost to run a car the entire race is far from 15k. I don't know what Robby has to pay for engines, but teams generally pay between $75-85 THOUSAND per race for a top flight engine lease. The lease is prorated down based on the number of laps run in total. Then you have $3k-6k in inspection fees. Just the costs for the car for a full race would be over $100k. And that doesn't include the actual car, team and logistics, which has to come out of a budget somewhere. Even running 30 laps and taking 43rd place $, RG is in the hole.
What's the old adage....

How do you end up with a small fortune in Nascar?

Start out with a big one! lol
I used to piss and moan about NO souvy trailer in NH, guess I shouldn't have, cause now we have NO DRIVER as well!!! SOOOOO SAAAAAAAD!!!! BUT, the HOM party goes on!!!!!
The souvenir trailer doesnt go to 80% of the tracks,including Dover.
Seeing is believing. I don't think this souvenir trailer everyone talks about even exists. Is it parked at the North Pole?
It was parked at Infineon this weekend. Next to the Ferris wheel. Was only on TV about 200 times this past weekend.
IF that is indeed true, I guess I would just put the stuff strictly online, as it appears that it is just not a cost effective measure anymore to have it at the tracks!!
It's cost effective for the tracks they do take it to. Obviously they have all the past figures to justify where and when they take the trailer to. Dale Jr used to have 6 trailers at a race. I think its down to maybe 2 now.Maybe tracks will stat to drop the fee it costs to park a trailer in the future, but its also a business for the tracks too.

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service