Nascar.com is reporting that Robby has decided not to run next weekend at New Hampshire because of lack of sponsorship. Robby Gordon Motorsports will be running a car with P.J. Jones only. Is this true!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you missed her point. It is not about our friendships. We will have that for a long time to come. We have, and will continue to, plan activities beyond Nascar racing. This is just the original tie that bound us. Because of the location of the HOM, it is a convenient place for us to meet.
What Path is saying is, unlike myself who will be cheering for Harvick only instead of along with Robby, she has no desire to cheer for or follow any other driver. Robby is what started her interest in racing. She cannot imagine cheering for anyone else. She has told all of us she will not follow Nascar when he retires. This race does not have the same meaning for her as some regular Nascar fans. I can tell you from some of the messages in my email today from others on the Planet, Path is not the only one feeling this way this weekend.
I know Path has been a longtime RG fan. And I know it wont be the same for her.

Imagine how Robby feels not being able to race,especially coming off a 2nd place finish.Full sponsorship would have made that happen.

That being said, maybe the house of mouse can relocate to Watkins Glen, that way you will get both the souvenir trailer & guaranteed Robby racing each year..lol..
I guess I would say that you are going out on a very thin limb guaranteeing anything for any races at this time Tog! I fully understand the sponsership issues, but I am willing to bet the plug just didn't get pulled last night on this NH race! I feel sorry for any other LOYAL Robby Gordon Fans that buy tickets early and plan a trip in the future, as the same thing can and will happen further down the road to them as well!! This kind of stuff does nothing for keeping fans of a particular driver OR adding to that drivers fanbase!!!! And don't even get me started on that souvy trailer! Haul the damn thing all the way to the west coast, but not the tracks on the eastern seaboard!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! DONE VENTING NOW, have a GREAT vacation, and THANKS for allowing all of us to vent on occasion!
The cruel nature of the beast in a sponsor driven industry.
This does't make any sense at all......Besides a road course what other race would you Target for Robby if you were going to sponsor any race for Robby.....His plate races are alright but his flat track stuff is on......and Loudon has been a great track for Robby and his sponsors....Just look at JimBeam, they still get a free plug every time Robby hits the Napa car with his helment and thats at least 30 time a weak.......The guy just got 2nd and thats huge, I can't understand why are how this race is not sponsored........I just hope this don't change Speed TV form a reality show into some weak ass Life Time chick flick....Good luck to Rob and the guys I hope you show up at the the track because another top 10 is waiting.....
Kyle sucks !
Isn't RG going to South America for some Dakar stuff this week?
Robby said it....Our team needs a little morale right now. I just hope this does not throw water on the crew chief sand castle. Gas On!
Pretty certain they have known the tentative New Hampshire plans for awhile now.
I think this is a smart move, as painful as it is to say. With the 7 safely in the top 35 and RG out of contention for a top 25 points finish, why run a blank car to fight for a 25th-35th place finish? And does it really matter at this point if RG finishes 32nd or 34th in the final driver standings?

New Hampshire sucks anyway. Second or third most boring track behind Pocono and Miami-Homestead.

I know I'll be skipping Sunday's race, too.
The ONLY way not racing at NHIS builds morale with the team is if saving money by not racing there means they'll get their paychecks this week. Still not really morale boosting, but means people can continue to eat...
If they wanted to save money why did the 07 keep running at the RC....they had to use a couple sets of tires........

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service