Perhaps the biggest anomaly of this entire situation is the case of Robby Gordon Motorsports. The lone single-car, owner-driver team left in the garage has weathered this storm for years now. Last year's failed switch to Dodge and the botched relationship with Gillett Evernham Motorsports left team owner and driver Robby Gordon out on his own and racing for his team's existence. Recently announcing his team's switch to Toyota for 2009 and the return of sponsor Jim Beam for a partial schedule is proof that small teams can still function in today's ever-growing monopolistic world of NASCAR.

"You know, too many people just want to talk about negative, and I'm just not interested in having a conversation like that," Gordon explained to HardcoreRaceFans.com prior to the end of the season. "You've got to have a positive attitude all of the time and if you sit there and watch the news everyday, all it is, is negative. We're not going to let it affect us any way. We're just going to keep doing what we do. Hopefully we do a good enough job for the sponsors we have and they want to come back with us.

"NASCAR is the sport that it is because of the fans we have. If you look at this year, yeah the economy has taken a little bit of a dive, but more people are watching our races," Gordon pointed out. "TV ratings are up, more people are having backyard parties and one of my sponsors, John Menards, had some of the best three months in business. So, it's a philosophy that if you believe the sky is falling, the sky is probably going to fall - but the sky isn't falling."

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not "officially" announced yet as far as I know.
TOG may know more.

If it happens, so what? The shop has the room. More talent under one roof. Less running around for Robby.
The positives outweigh the negatives IMO... IF it were to happen.
You’re assuming the people that work for Robby want to give up California for North Carolina. I agree with all talent under one roof, no doubt. Maybe they are all in for it? Who knows?

So Cal is the capital of high caliber off-road operations just like NC is for NASCAR.
think of the lifestyle you could live in NC with CAL. pay you could sell your house here and buy a nice piece of property with a lake and a big house.sounds good to me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service