From www.speedenergy.com

“We are very disappointed that both of our cars failed to finish the 2011 Dakar Rally. Our team was better prepared than ever, so two DNF's makes this hurt a lot. We will start preparing for the 2012 Dakar as soon as we return from the rally and try our best to compete with VW next year. I definitely felt that I could have matched their speed in Chile, but we do have our work cut out for us improving the race cars for the Argentina stages,” commented Robby Gordon.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's what I have been saying.  I'm glad some of us agree.  Robby was also doing quite well in the second stage until he landed on that rock.  Same with the 3rd stage until the trans pump problem.  I believe though that engine rules are independent of 2wd/4wd.  I think Robby would do well to get a good turbo diesel as the elevation is killing his power, plus the restrictor rules are favorable to the diesel. 
Losing the V8? THE V8? for a whimsy farting diesel? Go watch some videos again

There's no question the V8 sounds gnarly, but the VW diesels are making more power at sea level  then Robby's LS motor and make a whole lot more power at the elevations that most of this race is run at.  If I were serious about winning, I'd be willing to give up the V8.

It's not as if all diesels are race worthy (I can't beleave I typed racing and diesel in the same sentence) Drive tran for a big torque/short powerband powerplant is a whole different development program than for a medium torgue/wide powerband engine.Keep it Gas V-8.

you are kidding  !!?? right !?

jeep ever done something in the dakar !!??

It seems like they(Jeep) dont know the event exists..
People luv the HUGE Hummer... Don't change crap. Just more refinement and BETTER logistics.

My bad, the 4WD platform for Robby to use should have been obvious to me. Here's footage,starts slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY&feature=player_embedded

LMAO
This is awesome.

From RG - " What drives me is taking an idea of mine and turning it into something real "

YOU NEED NEW RACE READY GRAND CHEROKEE AWD TO WIN IN 2012 THATS WHAT I WOULD BE RACING FOR THAT RACE.JUST A THOUGHT.I CURRENTLY OWN A  RACE READY 04 GC. having lots of fun off roading with it.good luck next year.though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service