From www.speedenergy.com

“We are very disappointed that both of our cars failed to finish the 2011 Dakar Rally. Our team was better prepared than ever, so two DNF's makes this hurt a lot. We will start preparing for the 2012 Dakar as soon as we return from the rally and try our best to compete with VW next year. I definitely felt that I could have matched their speed in Chile, but we do have our work cut out for us improving the race cars for the Argentina stages,” commented Robby Gordon.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn, that was funny

Maybe replace one of the spare tires with a Fiat.  They probably weigh about the same.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
Hopefully you'll bring that beast back to Parker for the 425 ! We miss you out here in the wild west ! Show'em who is boss GO ROBBY !!!
We will get to see all the changes in about 350 days.

yeah, thats for sure.

Nothing wrong with dreaming, Doug.

I dream that without having to endure the full Death March known as NASCAR season, Robby can come back better prepared, fully focused, and with a more mature 'professional' support crew behind him.  I'd like to see RG arrive in Buenos Aires with that cold Clint Eastwood squinted stare ready to throw down and not subject himself to being a sideshow attraction.

There was some comments of frustration about not going to Dakar again.  I am very glad to see him committing to returning to Dakar.  Like many, I hope he can find a way to not only compete with, but beat the VW's.

Hey hows th e15 bike doing?????????????

Robby is going in a direction that supports his style of racing. Doing what he does best. This year Robby will do it more his way than ever. This will be Robby's year. Nothing but a positive outlook. 2012 Dakar will be payback time!! With a seasoned crew things will be alot better. IMO

I agree with WJM - RG should have more time to focus on next year, and return with a vengeance!  Time to test, try and hopefully get the Freightliner T4 going.  I am already on the edge of my seat waiting for DAKAR 2012.

@ Ed - Robby comment about the possibly not returning was made within a few hours of him making it in for the stage.  He had very little time to collect his thoughts and reflect on the blow he had just dealt with.  I  don't think you could any talks of the future seriously.

well , more competition dakar like racing ... that's what's he needs .

instead of training in the 2 or 3 first stages ... he should go real scale and participate in the silk way rally .

witch is really the last race to sharpen your vehicle and get it ready for the dakar .

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service