Robby Gordon Stage 2 Quotes after finishing 47th.

"Well, we were actually pretty good through the first few checkpoints,and I just drove it off the road. One corner snuck up on me and I just didn't see it and I just drove it off the road. Very unfortunate for us,being an hour behind heading into Chile , we got our work cut out for us , but I think we wil be ok. We smashed the front of the car & the transmission doesn't have reverse, we were broke down for maybe an hour "

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO, reverse gear broke and damaged the case.(not an oil line issue)causing the oil leak

I bet they have a new one

replace

remember the pictures with new ones in boxes.

A general reminder to all members.Tag your photos and video's so they can by found and enjoyed in the future.Thank you

I forgot about the pictures from the shop with the boxed up "NEW" tanny's

IDK the exact brand of transmission he is using, but most off-road tranny's have a very weak reverse gear.  That gear is the most vulnerable thing on the entire car.  The hummer is nothing more than a Score class 1 buggy with a hummer body and a whole lot of extras.  Not putting it down just an observation.  I think the hummers are excellent.  If there is a gear that is going to break, its going to be the reverse.  That being said, it shouldn't affect the rest of the trans.  I am sure he went down there with 15 transmissions knowing this to be the case. 

I believe what their running is an Albins transmission................and the reason that reverse went out is because he most likely broke it trying to back off the rock.
Or maybe trying to take a little heat off Kellon.  Good leaders and teams stick together, good and bad.
It's still early it the race its time to show what the hummer is all about so kick some ass and I know robby will start picking off the vw one by one so when he gets to the dunes good luck and gas on

no reverse?

Hey Robby, great pictures you in the little orange car insteat of the cool hummer...was it the test drive for 2012? i hope not...keep smiling. you a great driver, i love your style, i wish you good luck for the next days...but whats with 2012?

you need 4wd power and you will win....shit vw ....i think its the best time to drive with JEEP! they have the Warngler unlimited a good long car like hummer style, they have the srt8 motor and they have the new Grand cherokee srt8 or the hemi. i think in 2011 you need a unlimited wrangler 4wd with hemi, thats the american way.....!!!!! RB and american JEEP Power!

Hey Robby go on!
What a bummer.Hey when trying to get everything you can,wouldn't be hard to slide off somewhere.Now back at it and get the best you can.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service