What does Robby Gordon have boiling in his mind about the 2012 season?? Any decided series yet and ect??

Views: 5089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dakar 2012 is a go. Anything after that will be TBA when he is ready to make his plans known.

TOG: How about some early info for the Dakar? Maybe a new message string. It is going to get pretty quite in here after the Baja 1000.

For the last 3 years, we have had the same plan of attack here & we go into dakar mode after Baja & Homestead.

TT pictures?? Soon :)

btw nice profile pic TOG, I'm thinkin of growin a afro now

Go to Speed Energy's Twitter or Facebook and they have this picture of the TT in Baja

Picture called "She's Ready"

Then there is another picture of the Alpha car that RG bought to convert to the 3rd Hummer. It looks to be back in class 1 trim. Dont know the details of what they are doing with it, I assume prerunning?

Is it safe to assume Robby will at a minimum be running the Baja races, Daytona, Watkins Glen and Sonoma?

whatever his funding will allow him to run . Too early & I am sure RG will keep working hard getting SPEED built & proper funding to race.

Very recently Robby has mentioned the inability to find additional funding as a major reason why they can't compete at the highest level. With so much time, energy and money being invested into building the Speed Energy brand, has there really been a genuine effort to bring in additional funding from other sources? It seemed like in the past the team was fairly successful at bringing in deals, even if they were only one race deals. Granted, I realized that some of those one race deals came via other business relationships such as Menards.

A quick look at the RGM site and I don't see anything about sponsorship, needing sponsorship, inquiring about sponsoring, etc... Everything is "Speed Energy Racing". To an outsider, that would give the appearance that the team is fully backed and funded, which it's clearly not. From the big teams like Roush all the way down to the little guys like Morgan Shepherd, most teams have a whole section of their website dedicated to seeking out sponsorship. Maybe RGM needs the something to that equivalent if it really is looking to secure additional funding?

I'm sure RGM has a marketing plan. I'm sure the guys that landed Jim Beam, Mapei, Fruit of the Loom & Harrah's didn't forget how to land a sponsor. Perhaps they have a different plan arround SPEED. Look at what they did in year 1... Product placement deals with Harris Teeter, Food City, GNC, Bashas's & more. Cool deal with Dodge & Fast Five movie. Launched a new flavor (by simply adding Fuel & Octane together with some coloring)...that was ALL in year 1 of SPEED ENERGY!

Imagine what year 2 can bring! If SPEED gets in the right stores & starts taking off, RG could start seeing huge returns and be fully ready in 2013 or 2014.

I'm sure they have a strategy! You can always help...buy cases of SPEED!

Well here's hoping for the best next year.

and to lessons learn'd

here here

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service