SPEED Energy Racing Transcript:

Robby Gordon talks about entering the 2013 Dakar Rally after one of his competitors makes a comment about him and his HUMMER

PETERHANSEL COMMENTING ON ROBBY GORDON ENTERING THE 2013 DAKAR RALLY:

“This is a cheater born, we are here to compete, not for show race, and this is not the circus, even if it pleased the audience.”
“We must fight on equal terms, Robby Gordon must comply with the rules. If this is the case, it is welcome. Otherwise. Not!”

PETERHANSEL IS NOT ONLY CALLING YOU A CHEATER BUT CALLING YOU A SHOWMAN RATHER THAN A RACER, HOW DO YOU RESPOND TO THAT?

RG: I take that personal, the fact he is calling me a cheater or my team a cheater. We explained our system last year to A.S.O. at initial technical inspection and we did not change anything from that day of initial tech on our car until the day they saw our car, saying it wasn't legal. With all that said what Peterhansel needs to understand is this is the entertainment business and it is not just about racecars. If it was just about racecars we would all be driving diesel powered Mini’s and they would sound like a bunch of sewing machines.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING ON EQUAL TERMS?

RG: We are really excited to go to the Dakar, last year A.S.O. can say we were disqualified, but to be honest with you at the end of the day we finished 5th and it wasn’t worth fighting with them. So we'll accept whatever we have to accept, but in regards to Peterhansel and playing fair and square, we played by the rules A.S.O. told us we could play by last year and they came and inspected our cars for 2013 and we are ready for the challenge. Last year if you take out the stages I had to tow Al-Attiyah around we would have been easily ahead of Peterhansel at that point. This year our car is even better fine tuned, we’ve had more time to work on it. Even with the inflation disconnected last year, I want to remind Peterhansel that we beat him 10-15 minutes a day when we wanted to go. So he's going to have to tighten his seat belts and we are ready for the battle. There is STILL nothing Monster, about his Mini!

Views: 19285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice lookin pre runner joe! whats it running, chassis wise?

Thanks it was done by Camburg Racing out of California..

You right and I'll be curious to listen the interview where he said that...but all media like fight...and this year again I think they go put in front battle Robby vs Europe, and somes "stupid" euro riders go fall in this way during interview forgetting that in the past them too have had trouble with Dakar rules...
i'll be so happy of victory for Robby and Johnny Campbell for bikes...

All African races was the world of european brands and each time that a rider came with US truck or buggy, there were welcome for make the show but when they're became competitive and reliable they've had rules problem, I think at Schelsser and his Buggies 2WD...and Bruno Saby and his Protruck, these guys are french and have had same problems (or close) than Robby, I think what bothers most it's not because Robby is American but more because his truck is not a big european brand...I'm french, i follow Dakar race since begining and I hope really that all big brand from Desert race will come in futur for make a real US Team...I remember that 2 guys was coming in Africa on races...Malcom Smith and a Class 2 had kick ass at all european riders and Ragland was make a big show too...sure it was many years ago...
European riders are afraid by Robby's truck...just because now they know Robby can win...and this time that will be difficult to find rule problem again....so Robby have good race...you've french fans which believe in you...

Great to see comments like this from another perspective. You make some interesting points, Gilles.

Thanks Gilles for the insight from France. This is really great. I'm looking forward to a great rally. Could be epic.

Fun stuff-
It has the typical attitudes of American movie pilot. Fits perfectly with Cole Trickle ("Days of Thunder"), Ricky Bobby ("Talladega Nights") and even the surprising Lighting McQueen ("Cars"). It's quick, aggressive on the track, opposite the grandstand spectacular and too talkative for a category where forms have appreciated. A Showman in every sense of the word and therefore so easily polarizes the fans hate him or love it.

Robby Gordon , son of U.S. off-road legend "Baja Bob" Gordon, has shone where he has had. Six titles in the SCORE International Off-Road (1986-1990 and 1996), Mickey Thompson two titles and three of the Baja 1000. debuted in 2006 in Dakar in command of one of the Volkswagen Touareg managed to become the first American win a stage in the history of the raid.

Not only is a driver off road but a regular entertainer American pisteras tests. has competed in 450 races Nascar Series, debuted in 1991 at the Daytona 500 , which has four wins, finished on 58 occasions in the Top 10 and a pole position. He has also raced in the IndyCar Series and Champ Car

Founder of Speed ​​Enery Drink energy drinks, has invested much of their dividends in automotive testing and generate a bright image that makes it one of the premier American. Just look at the Internet as their autographs sold with base prices of $ 20.

His episodes of conceit and ego are numerous. These include the which starred the August 25, 2011 when Danica Patrick announced his retirement from the category and the desire to leave the driving division with the same chassis number 7 on her debut album. Interestingly Gordon in those days used the number and when asked by the press about wanting Danica, replied, "Why should I?".

Stories of Gordon and regulations are also recurring problems. This year, it was always in the front and against the Minis of Peterhansel and Nani Roma, was excluded from the Dakar because his Hummer had a tire inflation system is not allowed and the engine cooling illegal. Meanwhile in the United States has paid, since 2005, more than half a million dollars in unpaid fines only for various freedoms regulations and attitudes. All for the show.

EXPECTATION
"We want to win the test and we are returning to Dakar with that goal. We solved the mechanical problems that had the Hummer and now we are able to fight him at all. The latest edition already won several stages and even we impose in more than 15 minutes "

Investments in Dakar in South America
2012: 5 stage wins - excl
2011: Dropped out in the fourth stage 1
2010: 1 stage win - eighth overall 2009: Third in the General
http://elcomercio.pe/dakar2013/1514002/noticia-perfil-robby-gordon-...

Who is he to call anyone a cheater..... He runs over another fellow competitor and then says no foul.... come on people
http://http://www.race-dezert.com/home/rivergate-the-french-connect...

@Brad, start this thread on page 1.

How is that done?

Looking forward to RG's put up or shut up type of no nonsense racing.

Sounds like a sore peter to me! maybe he can sew his mouth shut!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service