IInterview from France 24 with Robby Gordon after stage 10.

FRANCE 24 - Are you frustrated about this second place?

Robby Gordon - Not really. We know where we are. It was very fast and we did what we had to do.

FRANCE 24 - Your Hummer is appropriate for the stages in the desert like this one. Do you think you’ve ruined your last chance to win a stage?

Robby Gordon - I’ve raced at 95% of my pace so far, Carlos (Sainz) is at 100% since the beginning. Maybe he’ll break something…And it’s still a long way to go. The car is in a perfect shape and the team is very good, so why not?

FRANCE 24 - What are your objectives now ?

Robby Gordon - Nani (Roma, fourth in the overall standings, editor's note) is 20 minutes ahead of us, we are going to try to catch up with him. But right now we are thinking about 2007 and how much we improved since then.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robby should be very proud of his whole Team and their accomplishments this year!!! They have done fantastic!!!
Hey Rob, bud, pal, your 90 minutes back right now. How bout you give it 100% when you have the chance. When you get a good lead, then you can do your "just cruisin" thing. Ya know like Edwards did @ Homestead. Thats what they call a "winning" strategy. You really should adopt it.
If you don't finish then it's all down the drain. Robby's strategy is a good one, Sainz and Miller have just been lucky so far.
They've been more than just lucky.
I agree with that, they're good drivers with great equipment. That's a given. But luck plays a huge part of any racing event but particularly the Dakar.
Too late for 100% to do much of anything for this event. He may catch Roma, but he isn't going to run down the VWs. Period. There is no way that he is going to outrun them by that much. The only way he passes them is if they have a failure. And 95% will allow him to pass them just fine if that opportunity comes up, without putting himself at too much risk.
Exactly. Like Robby once said, his wide open is a little more than most's wide open.
Yeah,& he built the H3's for his wide open. These H3's have been beasts so far, but not this year. Those VW's are walkin away when flat out. From RG said in his notes the other day, it's cuz their turbo diesel. The turbos force more air thru the restrictor. Seems to me RG needs to find a way to let his beasts breathe better.
I agree , time for a 100%...yeah bring that shit in!!.
He's gotta finish to place at all, so take care of the equipment, finish the race, and get the best finish that philosophy will allow. Running balls out and breaking something for good, like himself, would mean another defeat. Besides, does anyone really believe he's not running 100%? It's the psyche game.
That damn camel grass!
It's all about those VW's getting their share of bad luck. If they all make it to the end with no serious downtime... Well then they really deserve it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service