Congrats to Robby Gordon and the entire RGM crew for their 3rd place finish today at Charlotte.
Robby stayed out during the last caution for rain, and the rain never stopped. Prior to the yellow, Robby did manage to stay on the lead lap and had a car that got good on the long runs. Robby admitted during a rain-delayed interview that the car was probably a top 15 car, but great strategy improved that finish.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my local tv sports reporter said "Two guys stayed out, David Reutimann and Ryan Newman"

SOME GUY NAMED ROBBY GORDON STAYED OUT TOO YOU DOUCHEBAG
Excellent strategy staying out, it's about time things break Robby's way for once. As far as the postrace inspection deal- you knew NASCAR was gonna look until they found something, anything to fail him. It's unbelievable.
If the car has failed inspection then I guess with the points fine he will get he's back out of the top 35.
I disagree. It wasn't a gamble or strategy. It was a No-brainer ! Not much of a gamble when you only had one spot to lose. It would have been a gamble if he was running top 10 and didn't pit,then if the rain stopped, he would have lost much,much more.
not the best car, but one of the smartest drivers...
I am surprised that all the cars running from around 15th-25th all didn't stay out. There was still way too much racing remaining that they could have easily made back that track position if their car was good.
I missed it on Monday but watched the replay today and apparenlty they were pretty close to the pit window. They said that Ruetiman, Newman and RG had all pitted just prior to the last green flag run starting and had more fuel, so it was a much easier option for those three to stay out, compared to the guys that were at the end of their fuel run.
nascar found a illegal rear end took to to the r&d center for a better look good bye top 35 bet they are looking at a 200 point fine on this one we will know thursday i bet .
Since you are hitting the panic button, why not make it a 500 point fine ?
No foolin, TOG. I'm not really sure what the problem could be, there's not a ton of rules governing the rear ends of the cars, maybe they played with rear toe a little too much to have that car roll through the corners better, or maybe it's something pertaining to the thickness of the housing itself trying to lighten it up. I'd hate to see the team get slammed with a major penalty after what looks like would be a run to pretty much guarantee them in the rest of the season, considering how poorly the 36th on back crowd has looked this year.
whatever happens, happens . Some folks thought the end of RGM was about to happen after the "too low" during post qualifying inspection at Dega,and nothing happened except the move to the rear. I am going to wait and see how this plays out.
I think that it would take a lot more than a penalty (which in my opinion there won't be) to begin the end of RGM. Robby has said that someday he would like his team to be like Childress or Penske's teams, and I think that he has a good start on that. Plus, irregardless of whatever may happen on the cup side, the off-road team will never go away. Furthermore, I think if RG ever decided to cease operations of his cup team, it will be his decision, not because of a cause and effect of a NASCAR decision. It'll probably be because he's bored with cup racing and wants to go Indy racing again.. that would be sweet!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service