Could someone here please tell me how is it that another single car team beat Robby in points. I see the 78 car based in Denver Co. with the same challenge the 7 car has but one is 26th in points and the other 34th. I see RG with major driving talent and car construction ability but poor finishes. Is the question money or skill or some other factor. I read posts here on most issues and can't get a grip on why RG isn't at least in the mid 20's in points. We have some insiders here and I would like to get some insight. Oh by the way yes I am a RG fan from way back.....just a little frustrated.

Views: 1445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will only join if I can have a front row staduim seat!
They don't buy the racing fuel, and the tires alone are more than $5K. Not-to-mention the logistics involved in getting there, and the engine cost. But sure, he's just cashing a check...
Post Script: NASCAR is just as guilty as the start & park teams at cashing in, that's why they seem to encourage it. If 43 cars don't show up to race, they don't get paid their television contract money.
Too many forms of racing for one Robby to be competitive in all of them. Seems to be spread real thin lately with the new drink and everything else he has going on.. If he was to focus all his efforts in NASCAR I think he could do really well. But that is why we are fans.......there is nothing he can not do!
Zoom, did I get my winning seat?
This is a no brainer....much larger budget...RCR affiliation with engines and chassis. Fast cars equal better results. However, look back a few years to when the 78 started....it took several years to build up to this.
@ lj dyke

How can you say dodge is the problem? Of the non-RGM Dodges, both have a win and Kurt is in the chase. Explain your reasoning...
After reading all these posts there's not much else to be said.We are all huge RG fans and we know that If Robby was in the right Equip he'd be up front!But it's hard to watch on Sundays heck I forget now sometimes to watch the races because of Robby's situation.But hope things turn around for him seems to be a great guy!.I bet you there is alot of teams that would love to have Robby drive there car.Than RGM could concentrate on all the Baha and Dakar stuff...
Robby "my way" drive for someone.....don't think so. I have owned my own business since 1970 and to think I could work for someone else..........ha. Not that I know it all but, when you have enough talent to run your own show and be successful no reason to work for someone else. Now if someone wanted to buy in to my business for a % return with no say 10-4 on that.
Whats your biz? I can't imagine Robs fans going on like this in person thank goodness for that. I myself just feel a huge void that can only be filled with some good runs plain and simple. All this chatter don't help.
I like RG I think he is very talented ......the guy can drive I am a true race fan and appreciate his God given craft. Robby has been around the block as most know he was successful at an early age. Robby has had cutting edge equiptment most of his life. When you meld the talent to hardware you get results. The glue to the results is $$$$ especally in racing. Money buys speed we have talked about this here many times. I have seen the hardware and the money in the equation with no talent = 0. If you run your own show all 3 have to be there to win. If you drive someone's show and all 3 are there the hidden factor that no one likes to talk about is "personality". My guess is when you have a type "A" personallity and it's not your show it could lead to the "next job".

Now I have no personal connection with Robby I have met him on many occations at NA$CAR tracks and in the desert and at statium races. I like RG have a no BS kind of take on things, sometimes this comes back to bite you in this PS world we have today. The only reason I bring this up is some here say why doesn't Robby just drive for a team that has all the parts to the puzzle. He did when he drove for RC racing. So you insiders here know the story "what happened" ?

Robby's type "A" personality shines when he is in the DAKAR mode, I see his take no prisoners attitude shine. I think if you asked Robby what he would be most proud of it would be to win DAKAR with all 4 VW teams in place and be the first american to win.

Just an old racers opinion.............Robby I hope you sell tons of speed energy so that the $$$$ part of the formula is not a factor. Can you imagine if RG had the same income Red Bull has....the sky would be the limit.
I am with you Bricoop. The problem is not with Dodge, it is as everyone on this board has been saying for the last couple of years, that RG is operating the team on a shoe-string budget. We are all just frustrated that he hasn't had the backing needed to be a first class team and meeting the cost of the NASCAR changes to the COT specs and tire specs.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service