Could someone here please tell me how is it that another single car team beat Robby in points. I see the 78 car based in Denver Co. with the same challenge the 7 car has but one is 26th in points and the other 34th. I see RG with major driving talent and car construction ability but poor finishes. Is the question money or skill or some other factor. I read posts here on most issues and can't get a grip on why RG isn't at least in the mid 20's in points. We have some insiders here and I would like to get some insight. Oh by the way yes I am a RG fan from way back.....just a little frustrated.

Views: 1445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@jarmmu,SARCASM alert.Charlie isn't new,he nows the scoop.
$$$, $$$, and $$$.
I AM A ROBBY GORDON FAN NOT A FAN OF NASCAR SO I WOULD RATHER HIM S/P THAN RUN AROUND 30 TO 43 THE BOTTOM LINE IS WITH OUT A BIG SPONSOR LOCKED IN FOR 2 YEARS THAT PAY MILLIONS YOU CANT BUY ANYTHING OR INVEST ON CREW CHIEFS, 7 POST SHACKER, MOTOR SHOP. ROBBY IS DOING EVERTHING TO KEEP THE TEAM GOING. IF YOU DO THE MATH ITS OVER SO I GIVE ALOT OF CREDIT FOR DOING WHAT HE CAN
TO STAY ALIVE EVEN IF ITS NOT PRETTY SOME TIME
quit with the caps or get deleted,your call
lol thanks
Im obviously no insider, but keep in mind the 78 team has Furniture Row money... Robby has Speed money...

PS thats not a knock on Speed... Speed could develope in to a money maker one day// i know
the real question should be is how is Andy Lally of the 71 car who has never run a full cup schedule ahead of RGM. The 78 is the cream of the crop of 1 car ops, but how can we be trailing Andy Lally?
The 71 doesn't s&p...even though lally probably runs worse than if robby ran every race the distance those few extra points add up over the season
Andy Lally is becoming a good oval track racer and it's time that people on this forum take notice of that. Yup, he took a while to figure it out, but he seems to get it now. Plus, he has been good on road courses for years already. He also drives for Kevin Buckler who may be kind of new to NASCAR, but not new to top level racing. He is a very good driver himself and his team is not new to winning very major races. There is a big racing world outside of NASCAR that some of you don't seem to know jack about. It won't surprise me if the 71 car stays in the top 35 now. I don't like the idea of that, but there is a good chance it will happen. Even if RG gets back in top 35 Andy Lally will be right there hammering on the door to get back in.
Andy is coming along but I don't see him being a (huge) talent in CUP.How much of Kevin's (and investor's) children and grand children's inheratance have they spent to get Andy to 35th in owner points?Here's some thing to chew on.As we know engines leases are approx. $75-100K per full race.Buckler has gross'd 200K more than RGM to date,running full races.Damn expensive points if you ask my.
Robby is building for Max's future, not spending it.IMO
my bad.I forgot to add Scott and Johnny's gross income.RGM is up about $100K in gross dollars.Makes Buckler's deficit spending like worse yet.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service