London Free Press
see full article here: http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/Motorsports/2009/08/19/10509111-...

Canada's Ron Fellows will have plenty of competition as he gets set to defend his NASCAR Nationwide Series NAPA 200 crown at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal on Aug. 30. Sprint Cup drivers Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Kevin Harvick, Marcos Ambrose and Robby Gordon, among others, have all been entered in the event. And count on a full complement of Quebec drivers to seek a hometown win as well with Patrick Carpentier leading a NASCAR grid that will include Andrew Ranger, Jacques Villeneuve and possibly Alex Tagliani.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pierre,

I agree, RG has some unfinished business in Montreal. Hopefully the planets align and he shows up and kicks butt.
Personally, I would have run one of the Cup tracks that RGM/Robby typically struggles at (Martinsville, Pocono, etc) as a start and park to save money for the Canada race. Running up front at Montreal is better for RGM in almost every way, especially considering there is not cup race that weekend.
bold move.....
That's cheap- I'd love to see RG race, but I'd hate to see him fund his NNS effort by running a SnP in cup. It was hard enough to swallow at the road races.
Some imaginary difference that makes RGM look good....

Your point is well taken.
The "net" profit from one or even two races would not be anywhere close to sufficient to properly fund Montreal. Especially with the CUP car not totally funded for the year. This option is not practicle.
It wouldnt be? Especially considering the car is ready to go?
What do you think it costs to send a team to Montreal?
I think he has. Waiting on a sponsor. ;)
I think though, that to bring a hauler and two cars up to Montreal would be quite arduous if not for some form of outside financial support
Last place at Indy & Daytona paid over $100K, surely that'd be close enough.
Moot point... RGM didn't have a second car at those races.

If RGM actually had to pay the driver prevailing scale, they would be financially in a big hurt. Robby has so much as said so himself. Drivers often get 30-40% sometimes more, sometimes maybe less of the purse.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service