Last year Robby and Roger Penske had a partnership in which Robby ran there motors. what happened with that wouldn't that be the best thing for dodge because there are on 3 dodges running?

Views: 7282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regardless of the motor the engine must be in the car before final practice:

Rule 20 - 4 General Engine Requirements
20 - 4.1 General Engine Eligibility
Section B #4 Daytona 500 1 engine change after the 150.
this must be completed before final practice

Daytona and other RP tracks are more of an "areo" / driver track than a motor track. The differences between a top and mediocre are much less here than at other tracks. Thus there may be not as much to gain here by going with a Penske motor. I would think potentialy durability would be more important. Then again, in the post-dual conf, Robby mentioned a Penske engine. I suspect he'll do what he thinks makes the most sense to win. If he doesn't sell his starting spot, I think we w ill try to win this race.

I agree and disagree, the RGM motor got him in the race but even Robby himself said the motor was F'n horrible. Also, to get out of the car and basically say he needed to work a deal if he could with Roger, then you have to think it wasn't great. If it wasn't for Mikey's screwup, and not getting another caution, then Robby would be out of the 500 and everybody would be pissed he didn't make it!! Robby had no chance at all with the pack he was running in to make the race and he had hot oil and water temps so who knows if that has caused any damage to that engine for Sunday?

Don't really know what will happen but if Robby wants to be competitive this weekend, he is either going to have to get another engine from RGM/joey arrington or get one from Penske if he can. The engine has been slow the whole time it has been on the track. If he wants to bank on some easy cash for making the 500, I think he has done that but if he wants to run the race and be able to hang with the pack, it seems as if this motor in the car now is not the answer. I guess Robby is just stuck in a dilemma with what he can do but I just would hate that the 500 turns into something that happened at the KOH where he knew the engine was bad and they stuck with it to later go bad.

Either way, RGM accomplished their goal and made the 500, congrats to them, so whatever happens will happen!!

I remember Robby saying last year that you must come to the track with the best equipment possible or it's not worth even showing up. I think Robby and the team are doing everything they can to make the equipment available to them work the best. Like TOG said what happens happens. We are in the show and there is a lot to say for that!

Do we know yet if he got a Penske motor for the 500?

All signs point to "no" see the Daytona thread and comments by Johnny

i just read a rumor that robby offered to sell his daytona spot to monkey waltrip.... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/robby-gordon-...

Americas Racing Team with driver TBA could buy the ride if the price was right :)

I'll start the bidding: Two sacks of flour two pounds of coffee and a jackass. Name the movie and you win a spot on my pitbox !!

True Grit - the original Duke version.

Shrek2...

Michael, Got a dream boy?, got a song? Paint your wagon and come along

RSS

Newest Members

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service