evin Conway and ExtenZe Racing announced that they will attempt to run all three NASCAR national series races NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (no team named or mentioned), NASCAR Nationwide Series (#26 ExtenZe Chevy) and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (#71 ExtenZe Chevy) at Phoenix International Raceway next weekend. Conway has never raced at Phoenix International Raceway, much less competed in NASCAR's top three divisions in one weekend, but he is set to attempt to qualify for his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Camping World Truck Series debut at the one-mile oval. "I've never been accused of doing things normally," said Conway. "To make my Sprint Cup Series and Camping World Truck Series debut at a track that I have never even seen is pretty ambitious but I am excited to have this opportunity with ExtenZe. For ExtenZe Racing to pull this together in such a short amount of time is nothing short of a miracle. Everyone on this ExtenZe team is pumped to give it our best shot in Phoenix." ExtenZe will appear as Conway's primary sponsor in all three races. Together they will attempt to compete in 850 miles of racing at Phoenix International Raceway

Conway in the 04?

*Full Disclosure: This post created to use lousy pun in discussion title.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As long he doesnt test it upside down again...
They may go to 2 cars. Cal Wells did a walk through yesterday of RGM..

HA! I love stirring the pot.
I'm wondering with all these rumored drivers and management possibly touring RGM. If RGM is not looking to expand to two teams, but RGM is looking to do like MWR did with JTR and lease out shop space for another team to use. Then this other team would also pay to use some of RGM's shop equipment.

This could be a way to help fund the #7 team as we all know sponsors are hard to come by and Jim Beam is gone next year. Yes RGM has said that they have already filled 4 races that Jim Beam is leaving, but that still leaves 8 JB races unfilled, and lets not forget RGM was not fully funded this year. Many of the Black car races were filled with Menard and Menard co-sponsors. Who knows what sort of deal RGM made with Menard for those races.

Either way you have to do what you have to do to survive and RGM is living proof that a single car team can do it in today's NASCAR and in today's economy.
Is Cal Wells involved in Nascar this year at all?
Cal is still a partner in MWR. Listed as the owner of the #00, IIRC.
I wouldn't read too much into Cal being at the shop....... They have been friends since RG was a kid
Cal and Robby obviously go way back. He was brought in a year or so ago as a possible consultant, but I never heard much more about that arrangement. He could have just been stopping by to check out the Dakar equipment, as his roots were in off road programs.
My source tells me he was very interested in the Cup program. Look into it or not, it seems like more and more prominent people are stopping by RGM each week for check out the facility.
and if the prominent people have the $$ , then there are some possibilities for some exciting things at RGM
Yes sir. Should be an interesting off season to say the least!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service