Lets all take a listen to racetalkradio.com at 8:00 pm/et and see if there is anything interesting being announced tonight.

ANNOUNCED: BAM racing will align with RGM for the 2010 season.

Views: 363

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well we will have to see if he just shows up then. I'm guessing he was not planning on racing Parker and that is why he did not pre-enter?
It was San Felipe, my bad.
BJ is gonna' kick some ass.
RGM offroad is now a start & parker? Just kidding!
go to the front page of best of desert web sight he is on the press release, he run his 8 nascar races, go for points in both score and best of destert and run indy is my guess
The entry list for the upcoming “Parker 425” is looking like a “who’s who” of off-road racing, with well over 550 having already completed the pre-fun run. This “crown jewel” of desert racing is drawing the top drivers and teams from across the nation and Canada. Robby Gordon headlines a list of Trick Truck racers that also includes Roger Norman, Larry Roeseler, Chet Huffman, Jerry Welchel, Rick D. Johnson, Steve Sourapas and Andy McMillin, Troy Herbst, Jason Voss, Will Staats, Jesse Jones, Scott Kincaid, Kevin McGillivray, and Steve Olliges.
Your right it does say on BITD main page that Robby headlines the list of TT drivers. But what is wired is he is not listed on the actual entry list?

And if he does not get more sponsorship for NASCAR you might be right with him attempting both Score and BITD this year. But he will still need sponsorship to do that. RGM is a business and Robby will not spend this kind of money out of his own pocket.
TOG started another thread clarifying that Robby WILL NOT be at Parker.
BAM will announce their driver for the 2010 season either today or Monday, depending on paperwork being finalized. They say it will be a Big Suprise. They spoke very highly of RGM.
Hoping the speaking highly of RGM is for the quality of the cars and personnel he is providing...and that the driver named will be someone like Terry Labonte..which will be a big surprise!
Bobby Hillin? One of the Bodine brothers? I know Derrick Cope.
I was thinking and you know who could be a good driver for this BAM team? Bobby Hamilton Jr. Before you question my thought hear me out. Bobby has raced Cup, NW and Trucks. He is a true racer and comes from a true racer family. He does not take any crap from other racers like Robby. Bobby Hamilton Sr. was very much like Robby as he wanted to do things his way and I think Bobby Jr learned allot from his dad about racing and running race teams. He also is a business man and team owner. He owns a restaurant, he owns a few CW East teams, late model development teams and has partnered with a NW team last season. (Dont know if that NW team is still ongoing?) and just recently Bobby bought a local race track. Bobby also raced for people like Cal Wells, who Robby can relate too.

I think because Bobby has been out of the Cup seat for awhile he would be a cheap driver (probably next to nothing) to pick up, and I think he wants the chance to race in Cup again. He also understands the business side like Robby and BAM. And having a driver who understands what it is like on the other side of the desk could be a plus for BAM and RGM, especially in this economy. And possibly with Bobby's other ventures he could help bring some smaller sponsors over. Bobby has not been known for tearing up cars like a Steven Wallace type of driver is known for.

Oh and Bobby Sr was an owner driver in the Truck series and won a Championship. Just like Robby strives to do someday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service