Lets all take a listen to racetalkradio.com at 8:00 pm/et and see if there is anything interesting being announced tonight.

ANNOUNCED: BAM racing will align with RGM for the 2010 season.

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like to know how Robby signed this contract down in Chile racing in the Dakar? I know he has good lawers, he has never lost a court battle.
yeah, this just didnt happen overnight.
I'm almost expecting RG to drive the #7 for the 8 races he has sponsorship, and the #49 for the rest of the season. And BAM only needing a part timer to fill out the 8 races that RG actually has sponsorship/commitment to the #7 for.
yup...sounds about right.
I read it different. Robby uses his 8 sponsored slots. If the 49 doesn't make the top 35, the Warner sponsorship goes on the #7 to keep them happy. With some $$ coming in from BAM for shop space, crew, cars, etc., RG has more flexibility to run the #7 unsponsored if need be. Letting the #7 fall out of the top 35 would kill any value that RGM has, so I don't see Robby letting that happen by parking the car.

Again, this is an alliance, not a merger. Robby has no financial inerest in the 49, except that they are his customer now.
Both Grey and Alan make some intresting and good points....however it turns out....I think Robby accomplish 2 things here 1). Keeping his employees employed 2). Keeping himself on the track for 36 races in 2010.
Indy- Sounds too simple. lol.

Seriously, the fact that now alot of people get their jobs back or get new ones,really makes it a good deal for all parties involved.
Seems to be asking a lot of the alliance for BAM to just hand over their sponsor to the #7. Doesn't give them any real equity in their own car, and they're the ones that are bringing the sponsor. Which is why it makes sense to me that the #49 just put RG in the seat, since by all accounts it looks like he won't be doing anything else during most race weekends.

We'll see how it unfolds.....
Alan, you beat me to the punch. Kind of like the days when Riggs couldn't make the field and Robby benefitted from the "Alliance" with Evenham to get the Valvoline and other sponsors.

Interesting thought that BAM was able to secure a 36 race sponsor without a named driver while Robby has only been able to secure 8 races. Where does Beth tie in with Nashville? Does anyone know her background, history and connections? Just curious.

BTW, Brent Sherman was just one of those, my daddy has money and he is going to spend the money so I can race deals. Have sponsor with $$$, you can drive. Never talented enough for Cup racing.
Here is a good write up http://www.freewebs.com/gobamracing/ don't worry tog no one will leave planet robby for this place it looks hafe dead lol
I have to say that while I'm glad for this affiliation and the opportunities it presents for RGM to grow and prosper, I reall don't like Larry the Cable Guy. I hope he never needs to appear on the #7.
Alan, I met Larry once as they shot part of Witless Protection (horrible movie, don't bother watchin it) behind my work,& used one of our boats. Sincerely nice guy, kept everybody laughing between takes...til 3am

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service