Just finished watching today's Nascar Now, and at the end they said to tune in for tomorrow where they will be talking to Robby Gordon! Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few observations about the NASCAR NOW appearance -

1) Other than the small Jim Beam logo, Rob's shirt looked like the kind your local mechanic would wear - minus the grease stains. Very blue-collar.

2) The most telling part of the interview was when he admitted he wanted to wreck Stremme but didn't because he knew he would be parked next week.

3) When he was saying all the right things about the Stremme incident, Rob mentioned that "David is a talented driver."

I knew Rob didn't mean it. The ESPN host knew Rob didn't mean it and most importantly - if Sremme were watching, HE KNEW ROB DIDN'T MEAN IT!
If you have your Cup license and a ride, you are a talented driver.
Does that apply to the current driver of the NAPA Toyota? LOL out loud
You are correct sir
Ed Hinton didn't seem to like that Robby was being too nice
I think Ed was hoping for something juicy to talk about after Rob's interview and was disappointed that Rob didn't say anything crazy.
Personally I think Ed had the best comments in the entire clip. RG sounded too PC.
He did everything he was supposed to, very PC of Robby. It was kind of sickening listening to the Host trying to dig...
For anyone that missed the inteview, go to http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/

The full interview is there to watch.

My favorite comment was in regard to Robby's retaliation that resulted in a five lap penalty and if he felt it was justified. "At that point my car was killed anyway. Five laps, ten laps, whatever it is it is."

One additional note, Robby mentioned that a lot of his testing is focused on improving fuel milage. In the late stages of the Pocono race, Robby asked Kirk how they were doing on fuel milage and Kirk responded that they were averaging 4.7 MPG which is an improvement from the 4.1 they averaged at Pocono in June. That's 15 gallons in a 500 mile race which is a HUGE improvement.

Robby agrees that they need to make better calls and come up with better strategies to put themselves in a better position. His car was just as good as Tony Stewart's, but Tony and his crew made better calls. Unfortunately I can't blame Kirk because Robby makes most of the calls from what I hear during the race.
I would tend to agree.
Stupid me. The video is on this website. Do not go to the 4 letter network's website.
To be fair to Robby, he did have a good strategy at Sonoma but a freak caution ruined that. It was just that extra lap that cost him.

RSS

Newest Members

Latest Activity

Save The Planet!

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service