Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i am not all that smart. What could be wrong with a rear end housing?

After following the chat today, I think I am finally drinking the conspiracy Kool Aid.

This is really getting old and maybe it is time to tire of Nascar.
It's ridiculous because NASCAR is clearly picking on Robby over a 3rd place finish. I know that "rules are rules" and all that, but it seems like they sure don't like the little guy lately. And as was said, I'm sure they were all too happy to call the race and hand Reutimann the win (nothing against him, he drove well and deserves a win as much as anyone else). But you can't tell me that Robby's engineers have found magical ways to circumvent the rules and push the envelope while Roush/Hendrick/Gibbs/et al have not. There's no way in hell that Robby's cars are illegal and Jimmie Johnson/Kyle Busch/etc are not. This isn't Formula 1 and these aren't diffusers; there is not that much wiggle-room when it comes to this new car's design and specifications. And if anyone is taking a page out of the Formula 1 book it would be MWR anyway; they hired Steve Hallam from McLaren.

The point is that it seems like Robby's just got a bigger microscope over him for some reason, and it's getting really ridiculous
I think your WAY off man. The reason JJ and JR dont get caught every week is because they can afford the technology to cheat so they dont get caught. You know the top 3 or 5 Get looked over with a microscope after every race. The only reason I am so sure of this is they actually have got Jr about more than anything...they wouldnt pick on him.
If you break the rules, and get caught. You get in trouble.

If you dance in the grAy area when NASCAR doesn't want you too, you get in trouble.

Remember when the HMS cars were playing in the gray area at Sears Point? The persecution complex some people have around here is AWESOME.

Hell, there isn't even a penalty, there may not be a penalty, there isn't much saying what may be wrong with the rear end and people are already crying UNFAIR!
Exactly my point. If they do give a penalty, the fact it is Robby Gordon has nothing to do with it. Now the situation at Canada in 2007 and some others in the past have been questionable, but this is not the same thing.

Remember folks, Nascar gave Robby a gift with the nose issue at Daytona last year. There is no conspiracy against RGM...
I'm not suggesting that there is a conspiracy against Robby and, by extension, RGM. However, I am willing to suggest that perhaps NASCAR does not like smaller teams and owner/drivers (except for their beloved Tony Stewart and Mikey Waltrip, even though they don't even own "their own" teams...) and is trying to crowd them out.
A gift my ass!!! if you remember not even dodge new what damn nose it was! I dont believe the world is out to get Robby but this shit doesnt help and if werent for bad luck he wouldnt have any luck at all! He needs a break!
He got a break with a 15th place car finishing 3rd. Now we gotta keep the momentum going our way...
We don't even know the facts yet want to start making assumptions. The majority of the NASCAR officials are just trying to do their jobs to the best of their ability. If they see anything during inspections they have to take a deeper look. They all had a long day and I'm sure they were ready to go home.
well put david. this is the chassis built by the offroad guys. im sure its within specifications set by nascar, but just so damn unique.
Rather than convict so quickly, shouldn't we be excited that something new and innovative is coming out of our stable??
most definitely!

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service