Robby mentioned yesterday at the grand opening of SCORE International Hamburgers in Chula Vista Dirt Live the reason for the cancellation of Texas, he said if I heard right the SST was invited by the Canadian Government to do a SST venue on that day. Amazing, now I wonder if this will take place of the international venue or will there be another one..anyone know

Views: 3917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a suspicion that its going to be part of the Honda Indy weekend - just like Long Beach...

Looks like Chicago cancelled, too. Not a good sign.

To bad. We were going up. Mr.Gordon will get it going .

Well that's a bummer - Guess I will cancel my plans for next weekend. We were going to take the train down from Milwaukee and make a whole weekend out of it, but I guess that's not happening. It seems kind of late to cancel - and there really isn't an announcement. I'm hoping that it was just a situation with the stadium and not a reflection on the overall state of the SST Series.

Well I hope it is due to conflict in races schedules. would be nice if they would address it though. IMO I'm no expert on this so maybe I am wrong

I'm with you, I already had hotel and rental car in place, was planning on buying walk up tickets since I was only cleared to get of work last Monday. Rather not risk the online sites getting me a ticket in 2-3 days unless I have too or know its sold out.

If it wasn't for this site, or looking at the cancelation notice on certain sites or the removal of SST from Solider Field I would have never known. Short of a serious issue, cancelation less than two weeks prior to an event scheduled this far in advance needs to be well published. Trying to think but I know I've had my SST schedule and shirt since early February.

Oh we'll, save myself a good bit of driving and head over to Formula Drift at Wall I suppose.
I would also say two weeks is not enough time. I feel for everybody that made travel plans. I have had my tickets since jan 3rd and have been counting the days since. I just can't believe that the official site doesn't say anything yet!
I guess it's road America for the nationwide/arca race on Saturday.
Just checked,it's been pulled off the soldier field event calendar.

perhaps an official statement is coming soon as to why.

just my guess,ticket sales must not have been brisk enough to cover the rent.Two weeks advance notice is better than Thursday the week of,just say'n.

Honestly Mike, it's not two weeks, it's 6 days, actually less while we wait official word.

Im fortunate to work within a travel company, so hopefully cancelation of a hotel and rental on a 3 business day notice don't cost much, if any at all.

This isn't a local kart track canceling an event, turning away 50 locals. It's a national touring series. So yes, I actually expect alot more in terms of prompt communication in a professional an easily accessible way. Because of all the prep and work that goes into SST, I just don't see this being a last second cancelation on that end. Even if it was, the instant any doubt to the event being ran came into play, that's when the public should know. Even if that doesn't come to fruition and the event is ran.

Im looking at the SST twitter right now, Iast 4 days include a pair of Father's Day tweets, Respect for Leffler and SST Plug. That's all well and good, but I'm also looking back till the last race and not seeing any mention of the cancelation or set back.

As already mentioned here, I've yet to see anything official and several sites online ticket vendors have conflicting information.

There has been no mention of it because there hasn't been an 'official' release from SST. If it just got cancelled, why would there be a mention of it last week?

But I do understand any frustration.

They need to work on the communication end of things. I shouldn't have to snoop around to find out that the event is canceled. I wouldn't have known to start snooping around unless I checked Planet Robby. Even with that, the only sign that the event is canceled is the message through Ticketmaster. I also just noticed that the event page has been deleted from the Soldier Field website. It had been there as recently as a couple days ago when I was doing some research/planning for the weekend.

Once the event was canceled, a proper PR statement should be put on the SST website, Facebook and so forth. Blame it on ticket sales, the stadium, the weather, da Bears... but at least get word of the canceled event out there.

I hate to say it, but I'm now having hesitations about trying to plan for the Minneapolis/Metrodome event weekend. We were planning on taking a couple days to head up that way, but if that event's not going to happen - we'd much rather take our vacation days somewhere else.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service