TMS is giving Robby crap about promoting Speed Energy at thier track. They towed the show car, and forced RGM to remove all of the Speed Energy from the track - no free samples can be given away. They're citing the tracks Red Bull sponsorship as the reason. More exclusivity bullshyte.

We need to let TMS know that they are alienating fans. They have a twitter account that someone follows, so let's blast them. If you have a twitter account, use it, if you don't, go sign up for one.

Send tweets to @TXMotorSpeedway expressing your displeasure. Mention @RobbyGordon and @SpeedEnergy and include the hashtag #RallyForRobby.

Let's do this!

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Makes sense, and we follow those same rules too when we do displays. That answer wouldn't explain why a vehicle was towed, unless those were free too.
in other words , the brand wouild have too pay a fee to do so, sounds like to me.
so why not just pay the fee and get authorization at the next SMI Track?
So does a driver have to pay a fee to give an autograph, think about it, if a driver represents a brand and gives an autograph away it's a free sample....Just a bunch of bull shit, Robby pissed someone off, someone either didn't get a kick back, or someones girlfriend must have said Robby in her sleep, but this whole deal is bull shit. Just another reason Texas sucks...
This sort of thing does nothing but piss fans off... I wonder if the same sort of situation went/is going down at Dale Jr's Amp Energy camp outside the track or if there were any issues with Shelby Howard's #70 Race Fuel Energy promotions?
another goofy tidbit - TMS's web site doesn't show Red Bull as a sponsor?!? So if it just requires authorization, AUTHORIZE IT!

as John Prine said - 'It's a big ol goofy world'
Just go win the damn race and have it RAIN Speed Energy in victory circle!
While we're all pissed lets remember to vote like they do in Chicago as many times as you can for RG for Allstar race.
It's all probably pay to play...lol

Remember, Nascar gets a cut of a lot of these teams merchandising sales etc, but not RGM's (I do nto believe). I am sure that fact is not lost on the powers that be...

RGM now has a product that sells...I'm sure nascrap would love to get their fingers in the pie...
Graft for 3Stooges
LVMS is a SMI track. I don't remeber this issue when they raced that track a few weeks ago and I believe the trailer was there.
Yes- the SPEED trailer WAS there at LVMS ! Lots of free samples to anyone that wanted some !

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service