Larry MacReynolds just messaged on Twitter that NASCAR will not allow teams to have radio contact with other drivers or teams in 2012 at plate tracks to try and break up the 2-car tangos.

Views: 1223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice profile pic Adam.  Oh, how I'd love to motor-boat this babies.

From Jim Utter's Tweet: FOR SALE - Multiple radio harnasses that have ability to mount channel changer on dash. Contact ANY Cup team.

Off Topic, but saw a funny quote from Men's Health: "Nothing is better than to wake up to suprise morning sex...unless you're in prison." 

It is about time....I completely support out-lawing driver-to-driver communication.

Another opportunity has opened up.They didn't rule out texting.

good idea....maybe the only ones texting will be the big teams.....works for me

now what they need to do is raise the back bumper too eliminate the draft completely.... thats my sugustion

Well as much as I dislike the piggy back racing I guess in theory I would support anything that would help get rid of it all together. My thinking is that with the great finishes it produces it has an entertainment value but at the same time I can't condone it from a pure racing stand point. In the end if saftey is not in question then by all means dump the bullshit 21st century clown show.

Sorry, but in my opinion this is completely stupid.  If the cars are faster in a 2 car tandem then that's the way the drivers will run, radios or no radios.  Without the communication it's far less safe.  Fix the root cause and insure that the tandem racing can't be done mechanically and the radio question ceases to be an issue.  With two cars weaving through traffic hand signals are too slow.

I think you are spot on.  The drivers will still do it, it will just be more dangerous.  And the other approach they are taking of focusing on making the engines overheat is equally misguided.  They won't eliminate the two car draft, just make it more dangerous.

It doesn't matter.  They should never have been allowed to talk to each in the first place.  No radio communication between drivers, period.  Racing is dangerous.  Race less dangerously if you must.  No offense to you Mark...that's my opinion.

Go to Jayski and read the new changes for Daytona. I think they will solve the 2 car draft. Moving the radiator opening is gonna be huge.

Put the car control in the drivers hands........no restrictor - spolier Lexan.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service