Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah im sure it'll look ok its the same size tire as the stock tire just a more realistic tread pattern . The stock pattern is more like a fantasy toy tread .

Just got the chassis back from Brett . He added the axle braces and set up my suspension to the tricks he uses . The body is still at paint being airbrushed but should be done monday or tuesday , then ill just have to detail it up . Just couldnt wait to post pics as is plus it really shows of the chassis better .

axle braces

new tires/wheels mounted

FINALLY SHE IS DONE !!!!!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THE PICS . This 1 only took 4 hrs to detail since it didnt have as much lettering .

heres the real thing

rc version

when i have my clubs event a week from saturday ill take a post some more pics

Nice, some video would be cool !!!

Yeah I'm gonna try that at my event .

Playing with the idea of making a SPEED flag , put Old Glory up there for now whatcha all think ?

OK, since obviously you guys have some experience in this...

I'm just thinking of getting started with my first RC (since I was a kid anyway). Would this be the ideal whip? Anything cheaper out there that would suffice for zipping around the yard once in a while? Not looking to race it or get into the sport, just looking for a man-toy since I can't afford anything to bigger.

I looked for used ones, but they seem equally expensive.

I appreciate the help.

Well bud heres a few trucks id suggest the cheapest to more expensive
1st one is the ECX Torement http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/torment-1-10th-short-course-tr...

next up is the Arrma Fury http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBKUP&P=7

then theres the Traxxas Slash http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZDB3LS&P=7

These are only a few and obviously the more expensive ones come with more features . There are also other types of vehicles out there everything from street cars up to monster trucks . Not really sure of your price range or what you like narrow it down a lil more and i can help you further .

Thanks Man. I like the Trophy style trucks more than the monster truck styles just being an off-road fan.

If one of these was $100 I'd buy one today, but anything above that makes me wonder if I'll really use it enough to get my $ out of it. That being said, for $40 more the Traxxas trucks seem like the smarter buy.

Any other advise or things that I should expect to have to add-on?

Yeah the Traxxas is the best deal since you get your battery and charger . If you want the Robby 1 it's for sale on Robby's website but ain't sure if it comes with the pack and charger . Another great choice is the HPI Mini Trophy , it's the truck I based my Trophy Truck on that's on here . It is kinda pricey at
$ 225.00 and you'll still have to add the charger and pack but it's the most realistic truck out there and really tough . I've got close to $ 500.00 invested in mine but that's only cause I modified it with different wheels , tires , motor and of course the paint and vinyl lettering and graphics . I'd say if you want a Robby truck the best way to go is to either buy the Traxxas above and just buy the Robby body or buy the 1 from Robby's site and buy the charger and pack if needed . Hope this helped

Well all bad news good news . Bad news i twisted up a driveshaft on the monster truck while pulling the truck pull sled . Afraid she'll be on the workbench for awhile . :-( However the good news i was able to take some really good pics so thats the good news .

this 1st one is just our gate to get in with our club sponsors

Heres my trucks before the lil disaster lol

These are 2 electric powered prostock tractors

An electic powered 2wd pulling truck

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service