Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From his Facebook acct

Arrow Grafix (Custom RC Painting)
Jan 23 ·
Currently the website is under construction, but I am happy to say that I am not finished painting, just took a break. I am slowly getting backing into it. I will start by painting 1-2 bodies per month for now.

Here is my current Speed Energy Body. Just something different. Also what color orange are you guys using. I could not find an orange that looked just like the original.

Use Tamiya TS56 for the orange and TS7 for the white . Looks really good by the way .

Thanks for the color selections. I am thinking about doing another one with ethonal colors, but the green is not a regurlar grean. I want to do a little different, but for the most part the same. Thanks for the good job. Can't wait to see your Monster Truck.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=72

try this its the color chart for all Tamiya paints

Here is the mounted final body. I just wish it had the brighter orange, maybe on the next one I will get the color right.

Still looks pretty cool bud post the pic on the premium site . I made a forum on there too

Project SPEED / BIGFOOT is coming along just finished up painting up the wheels and tires

I like the paint but those tires don't look very monster truckish maybe more like a tractor pull tire? Looks really nice though and like everything else you do I am sure it will look good when its done.

Yeah they are actually TRAXXAS E-Maxx tires . They're V-Treaded Chevron tires like on a monster truck but the Vs are taller . This tire is more of an old school type that they used back it the 80s . What they do now is shave the treads down and give them a different cut to make the tire weigh less . Heres a pic of what they looked like back in the good ole days lol

heres the real tire close up

heres the rc tire close up

The tread s right on. I think it's the low sidewall profile that throws me. I'm sure it will look right when it's done.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service