Traxxas is coming out with the Speed Energy version of the Slash truck this November.

http://speedenergyshop.bigcartel.com/product/traxxas-speed-energy-r...

Views: 25187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actually think its cooler that so far all the winners have been new to the RC hobby 

Just upgraded my rg slash to brushless and lip. Now need some suggestions on weighing down front end to keep it from flipping over. Also suggestions because i want to take it to the beach

1st and foremost if running in sand , EXPECT TO DO A REBUILD AFTERWARDS ! You'll want to run a pair of pantyhose over the chassis to keep sand off the electrics and motor . When you do this be sure to keep an eye on your motor temps as it will heat up even faster with it on . After your done in the sand use a can of compressed air or an air gun if you got 1 to blow all the sand off . Then take the entire truck apart and clean the motor , shocks , drive cups , dog bones , and most importantly the bearings . Sand will literally eat the bearing seals . As for traction I'd go with Pro-Line Slingshot tires in rear and Slicers in the front . A trick you can do to keep the front end down is buy some stick on lead weights used for balancing RC planes . Another trick to do is move your battery pack more towards the front by using a piece of foam behind the pack . Good luck with it and BLAST SOME SAND ! 

Bret, the biggest thing to keep the nose down is like anything else. Its all about the chassis setup! Working on the spring rates along with shock valving and a host of other doo dads will help get you going in the direction you want to go. Just remember, you now have more power, so you may have to feather the throttle off the line and adjust your clutch so it doesnt do backflips. Enjoy.

Dont even have to paint it and it would be damn close . Its the original body that came on my HPI Blitz truck ( the 1st Robby schemed truck i made )
Think im gonna do some creative decal and lettering we'll see what my twisted mind can come up with lol

Well i finally finished it as you can see from the above pic i stripped all the old decals , cleaned it up , and did all the lettering by hand . Hope you all like it , i think i got pretty close .

THE OLD GIRL HAS BEEN SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on the next project lol

HELP!!!! I am on vacation in KY and of coarse i brought my RG Slash. Really saw an oppritunity to open it up after upgrading to brushless and LiPO. I was running in the hills and sounded like a gear slipped. Rear wheels stopped spinning. Took it apart this am and the gears are good. Removed the drive shafts and spun the wheels and noticed some slipping in the housing where the yolks connect . THinking monday of taking it into town to hobby store. Does anyone have any ideas on getting it running today? Hobby store over hour and half away. Thanks in advance!! I have attached some photos to assist in my explination

Attachments:

Sounds like you stripped a planetary gear part 2382 in your manual . everything is spinning but not transfering to the drive shafts . Take apart the gearbox and see if the yolks are connected to the driveshaft ends .

mj that looks good man

Posting these up for Mike Schultz he ran in his 1st RC race using his SPEED Energy Slash and WON his class !!!!!

Congrats bud glad i could help ya out earlier

Thanks for your help!! It was a blast! Two bent rear shocks to start the day and a win in the end! First race ever for that track and to get the first win is with SPEED Energy on the car was cool as hell. I still have the original body but I am keeping it in hopes to get it signed at Watkins Glen if Robby runs that race.

RSS

© 2024   Created by TOG.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service